So I know that the title to this thread is strange but I couldn't think of the right word. So anyway I'm going to be in an acoustic band with a buddy of mine. Now I was wondering if I should just put a microphone up to the sound hole or what.
Buy an acoustic pickup and then plug it into an amp.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album

Do this and you'll be on ABC news on Monday......

On a serous note, do what ^^ said. Placing a mic near it will pick up other sounds too.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Radtastic89
What pickup to you suggest and also how many watts for the amp ?

What kind of stage and how many people? And are you mic'ing the amp? Answer that and we'll tell you how many watts.

For pups, it depends on your price. One of the cheapest (don't know how good it is) that I know is
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Markley-ProMag-Plus-XM-Acoustic-Guitar-Pickup-107082505-i1502067.gc?&source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=989910793
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I like piezo pickups...

Just use a mic if your singing. If your not, you're going to at least want the mobility of a piezo. I would hate to just sit up there and play like some retarded. I wanna move around and show off my rock hard abs to all the ladies.

I was even thinking of putting a piezo on my solid body, for clean tones.
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Nov 5, 2011,
There are good piezos but more often than not it's awful. Luckily that's not the only option anymore. These days soundhole mags can sound tons better than piezos. I've had a great experience with LR Baggs.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by Radtastic89
So I know that the title to this thread is strange but I couldn't think of the right word. So anyway I'm going to be in an acoustic band with a buddy of mine. Now I was wondering if I should just put a microphone up to the sound hole or what.

i play out with acoustic stuff all the time.

at home practice we use a pa system.

and mic or plug in guitars.

my guitars all sound great. not sure why some people
are having a hard time using soundhole or acoustic electric
systems

most pubs and such have a pa system, so bring or instal a
pickup in case they only have one or two mics,
and you want to use the mics some other way in your set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011