Page 1 of 2
Im talking

Rise against

Leathermouth

Il say motorhead (NOT HARDCORE I KNOW) because i hear things in there music which is like my tone

mainly that fat dirty tone is what i want im not necessarily following the hardcore path i just desire the tone obvously not to many effects should be involved

Give me a list of amps that can do it whatever really but be realistic for someone starting a band as thats what you should keep in mind really!

Im told any marshall can do what i want(not the class 5 or bluesbreaker really)

Can peavey aswell ? like a 50 watt valve king i've seen alot
Jcm900.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well i thought a pretty much gave all the information

i said anything price rise aslong as its reasonable

if you said vintage modern i would say ok if you said black star 1 H i would say ok

genre above

new or used both why would i limet myself

gig as mentioned

belfast

Gear i have a zoom multic FX Epiphone GT its got gibson pick ups dont bitch to me about it i like it and i would have over a high priced gibson.

i maybe making a telecaster in the future i like organic tones but pedal il be adding to the rig or Wah,compressers,phasers and overdrives tubescreamers and destortions

if i dont get an ansewer il be pissed right now
ive found a cheap

Vintage modern

and 50 dsl marshalls heads

and the peavey valve king 50 watt combo

these around 500

what are peoples opinions on these
The DSL could work. The Vintage Modern won't have nearly enough gain, and the voicing is all sorts of wrong for what you want to do.

A TSL would probably be better. I'm thinking the DSL will be too... "smooth" for the type of tone you want. You want something abrasive. Punky.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
a lot of bands like that are using Dual rec's and 5150's nowadays! but yeah, JCM900 is as good a choice as any!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

thanks jcm 900 appears to alway show when i ask this and peavey hasnt thats why im curouse of it
rise against play through mesa's and oranges live. saw them at warped.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Quote by larson8er
rise against play through mesa's and oranges live. saw them at warped.

zach blair uses a marshall 900 through a mesa cabinet and a riveria knuckle head tre amp

joe principles uses a mesa head and cabinet

i dont know what tim uses and assume marshall as i've always seen one at there shows

i saw them live too i have never seen an orange amp and i wouldnt expect them too as there stuff made in the uk is horribly exspensive and everything else is made in china and rise against are quite an image band and would more then likely use a used marshall then a orange amp .

but like you said you seen them use one
Quote by itsonlyauser
Im talking

Rise against

Leathermouth

Il say motorhead (NOT HARDCORE I KNOW) because i hear things in there music which is like my tone

mainly that fat dirty tone is what i want im not necessarily following the hardcore path i just desire the tone obvously not to many effects should be involved

Give me a list of amps that can do it whatever really but be realistic for someone starting a band as thats what you should keep in mind really!

Im told any marshall can do what i want(not the class 5 or bluesbreaker really)

Can peavey aswell ? like a 50 watt valve king i've seen alot

Another Leathermouth fan. Cool.

Not that either really constitute hardcore punk, but whatever. And no, I have nothing to really add.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Another Leathermouth fan. Cool.

word! me too we're very few in numbers
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
word! me too we're very few in numbers

naturally its a very niche genre and it is a guys side project

plus its hated by people who think the world is pretty flowers and everything is ok

but back to the point where talking gear here not bands
i havent heard one yet, but I wonder what people think about a Krank 1980?
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
i never really looked into krank stuff but it was recommended to me once so il give a look at it
Quote by Hunter44
i havent heard one yet, but I wonder what people think about a Krank 1980?

It is honestly the only krank head that I have tried and liked. I bought a Krank rev series 1 and a rev 4x12. The 4x12 is great, but the head was far from good IMO. To actually get it to sound good it had to be turned up so loud it was unuseable in just about any setting but a huge venue ( Which most any guitarist is not playing all the time). The 1980 is deffinately a good hot rodded Marshall style sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The krank 50 watt jr looks like another option im assuming the krank you bought was used
Could also look into a Mesa Single Rectifier. I think they sound quite nice for what they are.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by itsonlyauser
i said anything price rise aslong as its reasonable

What the hell does reasonable mean?
Give us a figure

Rise against use jcm900's live and DSL's in the studio I believe.

JCM800 or either of the above is probably what you want.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Natrone
Could also look into a Mesa Single Rectifier. I think they sound quite nice for what they are.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the single rectifier.

TS, I'd go with a JCM 800. If you want a 900, stay away from the 4100/4500 series, HORRIBLE amps. Get the SLX series. As for the cab, I'd go for something with V30's as opposed to GT75's.
well reasonable is essentailly dont tell me to get this amp that cost 10 000 pounds and comes with a wife

anything that is quite affordable below 1000 but that restrict the imaginations

mesa cabs appear to be the best

jcm 900 gets all the votes all the time just finding one

il look into

marshall tsl 60
marshall jcm900
marshall jcm 800
bugera 1990 incase all else fails
marshall dsl 50
The Bugera 1990 is a good JCM 900 clone, but look for a Peavey VTM (hot rodded JCM 800).

Even the Peavey Windsor would be e decent budget alternative. The Original Peavey Butcher is another great Marshall clone.

Laney GH50/100 are hot rodded JCM type amps aswell.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You could have my vc50 for not a lot.... great for that pissed off Marshall sound.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
uh no thanks

well i sure got alot of help of clones this is more then enough information to make a reasonable choice with options of the real deal and clones of the real deals before i was just going for anything that appealled but that wasn't didn't feel right.

If you have any more suggestion on amps i should go for that would do the job and maybe have a specail edge to make it better the jcm 900 shout!
Quote by AcousticMirror
oh wait. laney gh50l or 100l is best. and cheaps used.

To my knowledge these amps are pretty much jcm800's with an extra tube gain stage right?

In that case they are what the jcm900 SHOULD have been.
RIP Gooze

cats
Proper budget?

If not, a wall of Mesa Triple Rectifierz

mad toanz son!
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Proper budget?

If not, a wall of Mesa Triple Rectifierz

mad toanz son!

im 17 and starting a band when i say reasonable price i mean something that is within my grasp

i have already have enough money for any brand new marshall head

but i dont want to mention a specific price because specific amps would be mentioned rather then the peavey windsor clones of jcm marshalls are bugera amps as they are cheap as chips when it comes to a high watt amp heads and wouldnt of known that.

If i where to spend 2000 pounds on an amp head for gigs and a week down the line the band didnt work imagine what a pain in the ass that would be to have a 2000 pound amp head and not being able to use it.

Do i sell it who would buy it in my local areas?

Do you see the hassle i would get my self into if i go over board
yes with maybe more saving up i could buy the mesa but i wouldn't

i would buy the bugera i won't feel that im taking to much of a risk and i can afford to have it lieing around and it would go cheap any idoit would buy it.

these are what i expected people to think and im glad most of you did with some encourage just 2 or 3 cant apply there minds to sitoutions
depending on budget, dual rec JCM 900 or DSL

EDIT: wait youre in europe, so marshalls probably cheaper than mesa, but if you can find a used dual/triple rec within your budget and have enough for a good cab then do it
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Nov 8, 2011,
I don't want one let me be honest with you

and marshalls cheap!!!

1000 pound for a vintage modern

1300 for the marshall jcm 800 the new one release an exact replica if only
ok an update on my current options

used

MArshall jcm 800/900 and tsl 60

Laney GH 50

peavey butcherer

peavey VTM

new

peavey windsor

bugera 1990

laney GH50

problem with some of these amps they only have one channel so i would have to invest in a EQ pedal or destortion

But these options are great and i have alot to think about that THANK YOU!!

keep posting any suggestions if as you please

and mark out any bad points and what i should include on the list it appears where in marshall jcm 800 and 900 tertory so keep posting alternatives and clones THANK YOU
Last edited by itsonlyauser at Nov 9, 2011,
Page 1 of 2