u must of tried out a fair few guitars in your time, so which is your best guitar overall? in my researches i see people saying ibanez uv777 or les paul are close to 'perfect' they both high end yea and give good sound.
Is this a serious question? It all comes down to what you prefer anyways. I personally hate ToM's so there's no way I could get along with most Gibson made guitars yet you might love ToM's. It's all subjective and there really is no point in asking such a wide open question.
I loooove my 72' telecaster deluxe. It's near perfect. I only wish it had a rosewood fretboard but it's great anyway.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
it just i got a cup of tea mat for cup and it shows pics of les pauls, sg's, uv777 etc and at yahoo answers i see people loving these guitars even after 20years experience., not sure i would pay like 2000 for uv777 anyway lol
Quote by Mehtabb
Is this a serious question? It all comes down to what you prefer anyways. I personally hate ToM's so there's no way I could get along with most Gibson made guitars yet you might love ToM's. It's all subjective and there really is no point in asking such a wide open question.

Calm down bro, he's just asking around what people's favorite guitars are. He's not asking what the best guitar is.
OT: I would say...Ibanez S670. But I haven't tried out too many "higher end" guitars.
Best guitar for me that I've tried out and that I own is a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I can't really stand the Ibanez's thin and wide necks, Fender's neck isn't either to my taste and I don't use tremolo much anyway so... I think I have found my guitar.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

im going to go off topic slightly
i went with my drummer to guitar center
after me and him checked out all the cymbals and chose one he went in line to pay and i went to the guitar area to play.
there was a checkerboard pattern telecaster at eye level so i grabbed it.
i played it and i enjoyed the feel of it
a few minutes of playing go by and my drummer is staring at me oddly.
he then tells me its an Avril Lavigne signature telecaster
i felt a strange feeling for having enjoyed that guitar.

that is all
i do remember a bud saying its not the guitar but its your amp that gives u at least 50percent of the sound, so i guess a cheap squier strat could sound great on a good amp., iv only a 5watt and 30watt amp so never get much from my guitar yea.
The american built jackson sl1 soloist is up there for me personally, with it's ebony board and superb build quality. A friend had one for a while so I had a shot as you do, man it was slick. Not a fan of the gibsons myself, I've had a few les pauls but never really got on with them although they do sound pretty cool.
Quote by enryu
i do remember a bud saying its not the guitar but its your amp that gives u at least 50percent of the sound, so i guess a cheap squier strat could sound great on a good amp., iv only a 5watt and 30watt amp so never get much from my guitar yea.

I've heard that before but would have to disagree to an extent, had a few different beasts through my classic 50 2x12, some sound awesome and some sound crap. On that basis I would say a shit guitar can still sound shit through a reasonable amp lol
Ive played a variety of guitars but the one ive come to love and find most comfortable and basically the most right feeling is my vintage v100 afd, i just love the chunky neck and the weight of les pauls.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
,iv got a prs copy guitar with no name on headstock but similar design with birds of frets which cost about 265 uk money and a squier strat i paid 99 for., think i need better guitar for christmas lol
My Fender American Select strat is my favorite I've ever played. Block the tremolo and I'm good to go
Quote by enryu

Not how it works.

Think of each element of music as a limit. Your playing sets an upper limit to how good you sound, but so do your guitar and amp. You'll sound as good as the best link in the chain. If you run a PRS Custom into a Marshall MG, it'll sound like crap. If you run a Squier Bullet into a Bogner Shiva, it'll sound like crap. If a bad guitarist plays a PRS through a Bogner it'll sound like crap. See what I mean?

Some people would say "well yeah but a great guitarist could make a Bullet and an MG sound good!" No, they couldn't. They'd find a way to make the crappiness work for the music. Look at Dimebag Darrell--his guitar tone is sickeningly bad if you listen to it on its own, but it fits the music perfectly. Jack White's the same way a lot of the time. His guitar'll sound thin and scratchy, but a warm, smooth clean tone wouldn't fit the style.

OT: I like vintage Fender Mustangs and Univox Hi-Fliers. My favorite of the guitars I actually own is my Les Paul with P90s.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
given how subjective this is TS, i suggest you go out and try a load of guitars and find out what you like best.

i think possibly one of the best guitars i've played was a 1979 hagstrom super swede i might be buying - great neck, zero fret lends itself to perfect action and intonation, made of a fairly light piece of mahogany, great pickups, and coil taps that actually sound good when activated... what's not to like?

but that only applies to hagstroms from that particular era. superb and underrated guitars for sure. the new ones just aren't the same unfortunately.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
i think possibly one of the best guitars i've played was a 1979 hagstrom super swede i might be buying - great neck, zero fret lends itself to perfect action and intonation, made of a fairly light piece of mahogany, great pickups, and coil taps that actually sound good when activated... what's not to like?

Don't listen to him! He doesn't list his gear in his sig!
Quote by Blompcube
but that only applies to hagstroms from that particular era. superb and underrated guitars for sure. the new ones just aren't the same unfortunately.

Not the same, but still pretty good. Worth trying out, anyway.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I absolutely adore strats and teles. So either one of them as an American Deluxe. Or, if you're looking for a cheaper price range, fender blacktop HH's ruleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (I play hard rock, rock and blues mainly)
The Blacktop HH Telecaster I've been saving up for is probably my favorite. I've tried out at least a dozen more expensive ones, but none of them fit me like that one.
My PRS CE22 is the best I have played, even beat out a CU22 and CU24 I tried in the store when I bought mine.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate