to get the sound u want, is it fair to say techniques is what gets it?, i play same notes and copy similar settings but the guitar player gets a way better sound, im thinking its his technique and years of playing that i cant seem to match lol what do u think.
Quote by enryu
to get the sound u want, is it fair to say techniques is what gets it?, i play same notes and copy similar settings but the guitar player gets a way better sound, im thinking its his technique and years of playing that i cant seem to match lol what do u think.

yep. A huge percentage of a guitarist's sound is in his/her hands, quite literally.
,thanks thats what i thought, maybe i get better sound in 10years time lol i only got a vox 30watt amp, and iv heard these pratice amps cant match what they use on stage yea.
Quote by :-D
yep. A huge percentage of a guitarist's sound is in his/her hands, quite literally.

+1

It makes almost all the difference. Case in point: stick Van Halen on a Marshall MG and a Squire and he would still sound like Van Halen, that is, pretty good. Stick a guitarist with 4 months experience on a hand-wired Soldano stack and a custom shop PRS and he's still going to sound horrendous.

A big thing beginners miss in the pursuit of great sound/tone/expression is bending and vibrato. Everyone can play a scale just like everyone else, but bending and vibrato really sets players apart and gives them their individual style. You can play a lick as fast and clean as you want, but if you land it without any vibrato, or with bad vibrato, you're still going to sound like an amateur. Vibrato gives your playing distinction, and until you've developed at least a rudimentary ability to play with it, you'll always sound like a bed-room shredder with no real unique voice on your instrument.

Those are my 2 cents anyhow.
The sound is in YOUR hands.

The tone is your settings, pedals, amps, pickups and the rest of gear.
Quote by Zeletros
The sound is in YOUR hands.

The tone is your settings, pedals, amps, pickups and the rest of gear.

+100

Many people don't get this.