Hey UG! It's been a while since I last put a song up. I kinda got lost with this one and it took longer than usual to record. Anyways, I'm uncertain about the quality of the track, but I still want your brutally honest critiques, so tear it up!

The Link

I'm primarily concerned with how muffled everything sounds. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get a clear recording like on my other songs. Also, my vocals give off an amateurish "recorded in a bedroom" tone that I would love to eliminate. Any tips? Feel free to comment on anything and everything.

C4C as always!

Dustin Pak
Thanks for the review. Returning the favor.

I really like your song and your style. One thing that I noticed is that the vocals sound a bit muddy, and the lead guitar would sound better if doubled. I really dug the chorus, but again the vocals were even more muddy because of the double track. Nice guitar playing throughout the song, very tight lead lines. The bridge was pretty kick ass, favorite part of the song. Overall with a bit better mixing this would be perfect, but its tough to get great mixes unless you have a lot of good gear and knowledge.

I got a new rock song up titled 'Tune Up" if you wanna check it out. www.soundclick.com/bleakperfect
Last edited by Duce180 at Nov 6, 2011,
First of all, awesome title

Although not really my style, I think the sound of the guitar is sweet, and so are the vocals. The drums sound a little dull, if you're using VSTi, try EZDrummer, they sound really well. The backing vocals at around 3.00 were really cool and fit well with the tune.
Overall, nice job
Thanks for your comments!

Quote by Zimens
First of all, awesome title

Although not really my style, I think the sound of the guitar is sweet, and so are the vocals. The drums sound a little dull, if you're using VSTi, try EZDrummer, they sound really well. The backing vocals at around 3.00 were really cool and fit well with the tune.
Overall, nice job

I'm using the ultrabeat drum machine that came with Logic. I like it, but I dunno how it compares with other drum programs though