Hi...
When I started playing guitar I've noticed that I just could'nt follow a rhythm... But in the beggining I did'nt worry too much about it, and so I've became a great at solo guitar but really bad at rhythm guitar, and due to my problem when I play with my band I always focus in what the rhythm guitar and the bass are playing instead of focus in the drums, and I've been finding some limitations because of that...

Do you know any exercises to practice my rhythm?? To learn how to concentrate in the drums and not the other notes.

sorry for my bad grammar :P
lol this sounds exactly like my lead guitarist in my band! :P

I just tell him to keep counting to 4, its what I do (with the exception of 4/4 etc) and my rhythm is bang on like a p*rn star
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Implying you can be a great soloist without any rhythm?

Uh....

Everything about a song relies on rhythm, even the solo.

Get a metronome and play to it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by dynastywest69
lol this sounds exactly like my lead guitarist in my band! :P

I just tell him to keep counting to 4, its what I do (with the exception of 4/4 etc) and my rhythm is bang on like a p*rn star

Thats what I do, I'm always counting to 4... not fun... :P
Work isn't always fun. If you can't do 4/4, don't think you can just jump into more complex time signatures. It's the most basic you can get, and it's where most people start.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
you need to do it until you feel that rhythm.

Perhaps play a bass in your spare time to see if that helps?

You need to be able to feel rhythm to follow it...

Play against a metronome as well.

I hope this helps!!
Wait...

Quote by Silent Murder

Did you know you helped me with a post back in 2009?? just checked some old stuff and your name is there lol
Wait...

Quote by Silent Murder

http://advanced.bestmetronome.com/
i use this website as a metronome, because there's tons of different ways you can program the time. you can program 3/4, 17/16, and all your fun time signatures, but every value relies on quarter notes, so if you double the tempo, (say you want a drum beat with eighth notes at 100bpm, you just double the tempo, to 200bpm in this case and you act like every note is an eighth.) you can have a perfectly on time drum beat to play along to. i use this since i don't have a real metronome. but buying an actual metronome is better since you can adjust it right there and they're incredibly portable.