So i'm thinking about putting all my pedals in a rack, and having some sort of switching unit out front.
is there anything on the market for about 4/5 pedals?

i know it sounds stupid, but i'm looking at changeover times when gigging. we usually get around 5 minutes, and when i've got to get my amp onstage and wire up my pedalboard it's a ballache!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

I don't see how that would save you any time setting up. I would cost you a hell of a lot more when something goes wrong, and in the words of Frank Zappa, if its not one thing its ten others. Just get you a good pedalboard setup and it should only be like one extra cable to hook up and a lot less to go wrong.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
well i thought those midi switchers just have like 1 plug on them? if that's the case i can plug that in and be ready, rather than one out of my pedalboard, back to my delay, then back to my amp!
Mesa Single Rectifier
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special

My Band
Juturna

it would be so much cheaper just to buy a pedal board. just velcro ur pedals to the board and leave them all chained together. then when its time to play all u do is plug ur guitar into one end and the amp into the other. problem solved.

the only reason you would really need a midi switcher is if you use several effects at the same time and need to turn on or shut off several at once. but for only 4 or 5 pedals, i think a midi board is a lot of overkill
And you still have to plug the rack into your amp so it doesn't save time at all unless you put the amp in the rack and keep everything plugged in but you're looking at spending alot more money to do the same job to save like 5 sec.

Edit: plus, I can't believe your drummer could set up a whole kit quicker than you can plug in two cables.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Nov 5, 2011,
I already use a pedalboard, and it takes forever to set it all up. but i do get what you're saying.

Although money really isn't an issue. i've been toying with the idea of having my amp flightcased with a rack under it, in the rack there would be a line6 g90 relay, and a drawer with my FX in. This is where the midi switcher would come in.
Everything would stay connected, then i could come along and plug the pedal switcher in.
One plug, and i'd be ready to go.

You don't realise how much easier this would make my life.
having to set up 3 or 4 cables might not seem a lot, but when you do it every night for two weeks, it starts to become a ballache, Very quickly!
Especially with only a strict 5 minute changeover between bands!

I was just wondering if there was anything on the market similar to what i'm after?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special

My Band
Juturna

Last edited by Rossmillertarn! at Nov 6, 2011,
http://www.loop-master.com/index.php
or
http://brightonion.com/

both of those will make you massive loop switchers for reasonable prices. i have purchased from loop master before and they are great. they just take a while to make them. also your idea isnt that bad but you would be better off just staying with a standard board with a loop switcher on it.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right