Page 1 of 2
I am currently trying to learn piano at the same time and i find it really hard to learn both as well as manage work for college etc. It probably doesn't help that i prefere songs with guitar in them such as rock, indie and metal.
Does anybody else have tis problem and in the end did you end up just learning one and sacking off any other instruments?
- Drumkit, snare drum, crash cymbal
- Keyboards
- Bamboo flute
- Harmonica

Plan on learning tons of others as I travel the world.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I play a mandolin
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
I want to learn to play drums because everyone and their dog play guitar...
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Aside from guitar I play violin, drums, piano, bass (upright and electric), mandolin, banjo, a little bit of trumpet, but I haven't kept that up over the past few years as well as I'd have liked so I don't really count that one.
I honestly usually switch instruments for genres because they line up with how I think for them better. Violin for classical, bass for funk, mandolin and bass for more folky stuff, and piano for singer-songwriter things.
If you really care about learning other instruments I would find a genre for them and it'll be easier to get interested, just like rock/metal combined with guitar did for you. If they transfer to all genres, great, and if not, that's cool too. Just do what makes you happy or what best represents that sound you're chasing.
Inb4 somebody lists every instrument they've held for 5 seconds.

OT: I play flute and guitar at a professional level, and I play piano and erhu at a beginner level.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 5, 2011,
i want to learn sitar... awesome sounds
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Guitar, Bass, Cello, Violin, Beginner Viola, Piano, harmonica and flute.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I dabble with keyboard, but I wouldn't really call myself a keyboardist. I can play chords & really simple melodies.

In retrospect I wish I'd taken up piano or violin or something back in elementary school, but of course that wasn't the cool thing to do back then. Joke's on me though, I was never cool anyway.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Nov 5, 2011,
Viola, piano, little bit of violin and I've been screwing around with my sister's cello lately.
i **** around on my brothers drumkit :P don't know if that counts for anything.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
well im still in high school and i learn guitar and piano (guitar for 3 years now. 1st year of piano)i only sometimes have this problem. most of the time i find the piano can be quite usefull in making my self a better guitarist. The pianos helped me learn a lot of theory applicable to both instruments. if your still struggling learning them both try playing one of your guitar pieces on the piano or vice versa. Anyway my main point of this is that PLAYING PIANO WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER GUITARIST. youll learn more theory and scales on the piano which you can use on the guitar. also i dont know if you have a teacher or not but i get my lessons 3 guitar to 1 piano to keep my interest in both. Good Luck hope i helped!! oh yeah i almost forgot i also play bass!
Last edited by dukeluke1 at Nov 5, 2011,
Cheers for all the advice i'm definetley going to try and play both..i'm only 18 so i guess i've got plenty of time to get good at them both. x
Quote by dukeluke1
well im still in high school and i learn guitar and piano (guitar for 3 years now. 1st year of piano)i only sometimes have this problem. most of the time i find the piano can be quite usefull in making my self a better guitarist. The pianos helped me learn a lot of theory applicable to both instruments. if your still struggling learning them both try playing one of your guitar pieces on the piano or vice versa. Anyway my main point of this is that PLAYING PIANO WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER GUITARIST. youll learn more theory and scales on the piano which you can use on the guitar. also i dont know if you have a teacher or not but i get my lessons 3 guitar to 1 piano to keep my interest in both. Good Luck hope i helped!! oh yeah i almost forgot i also play bass!

+1 What he's trying to say.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
My friend has an oud I sometimes play on.

For the rest;
-basic knowledge of drums, able to play alone a bit
-piano (learned before starting with guitar)
-recorder; learned at school :P
Apart from guitar I used to be able to play the recorder. Thats it.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by behind_you

Anyone here doesn't play guitar?

Or any other instrument for that matter? Just wondering. I just play guitar.

your thread asked if anyone doesn't play guitar or doesn't play any instrument. this one asks what other instruments people play. therefore the topics are different.

read before posting, bro

this thread has been done plenty of times though. i also play banjo, synth, and sort of play didgeridoo and dobro.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Mandolin
Washboard
Washtub bass
ukulele
banjitar (I dont know if that counts)
Oil tin slide guitar
learning 5 string and plectrum banjo
drums
bass
penny whistle (like 6 years ago)
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by 37 Narwhals
I want to play drums but I don't have room for a set.

I have a very small pathway from my drums, to my desk, and to my bed

I wish I had a different place to keep em
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I play guitar, alto sax, and im trying to teach myself piano
Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I LOVE JESUS
guitar th most
i also play the piano at a beginer-intermediate level
i play the ocarina decently but its not a difficult one ot play
and bass well eough to fill in a spot or two when needed

ive also played a few others but none that i would say i could play well like the harmonica,mandolin etc.
I can play piano at an advanced level.

Guitar at an intermediate level.

Bass/drums at a beginner level.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Guitar is my main instrument
Bass second
Piano third
and Standup Bass fourth
Standup is so awkward to play but well worth it.

And I love to play drums but I don't have my own set so I don't count them.

Also EVERY musician should at least have piano basics down, helps out so much.
Drums
Saxophone
Piano
Bass
Ukulele
Harmonica
Trumpet
Clarinet
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Drums
Trumpet
Piano
Baritone
and I want to learn how to play the banjo
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by JammyP 93
I am currently trying to learn piano at the same time and i find it really hard to learn both as well as manage work for college etc. It probably doesn't help that i prefere songs with guitar in them such as rock, indie and metal.
Does anybody else have tis problem and in the end did you end up just learning one and sacking off any other instruments?

I'm learning piano now too. Being somebody who doesn't like a song without an extended guitar solo, I'm surprised at how much I actually like piano. Maybe it has to do with not wanting to waste money on lessons or disappointing my teacher, because I have this voice in my head that asks me what am I doing when I have free time and am not practicing.
inb4 skinflute
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I want to learn mando and banjo and keyboard and bass guitar
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
I don't even play the guitar

BL
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I play:

- Guitar
- Bass guitar
- Drumkit
- Keyboards/Piano
- Violin
- Setar (note: Not sItar)
- Santur