Hi

i want to add an SG to my guitar collection. i really like the angus young SG, well, because i like the thunderbolt inlays 0 haha

that being said though, is something really alot different in the build, pickups, POTS, wiring etc that would make the 1K diff in price really worth it?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SGA2EBCH

or is there a certain build SG i should really aim for?

thanks
gibson sg 61 reissue is better for the price, you could just swap out the pickups.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
They changed it from

That's depressing, that was one of the few gibsons I liked, very nostalgic.

I feel the newer one isn't worth it.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Structurally, the only real difference is that the AY Signature SG has an ebony fretboard. Beyond that, it's pretty much an SG with fancy inlays. If the ebony fretboard is what you're after, I'd go for the SG Custom instead.

Angus Young SG:

SG Custom:
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
it also has a thinner neck
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
it also has a thinner neck

It's an SG. How much thinner can it get?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley