So i currently have a peavy vypyr 30 that I have been using for the last 2 years. Im in a band thats just starting to play gigs and stuff, and the my vypyrs doing ok at it, but just in the last few weeks the speaker has been sounding broken up when i turn it up over 4 so im thinking it's time to get a new amp.

So my question is should i upgrade and get the tube 60? Does it have noticely better tone? Is it good for giging? I already have the sanpera 2 so getting the tube 60 seems like my best option but I'd like to see what you guys have to say.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Sliverburst
Peavey Vypyr 30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Rogue Classic Spider Resonator
Couldn't you get an extension cabinet for gigs? save some cash and save some space when you don't need it
Quote by Necronomicon
Couldn't you get an extension cabinet for gigs? save some cash and save some space when you don't need it

That sounds like a good idea, could you go into more depth on like how much that would costs and how it works? Sorry my knowledge of gear and electronics is pretty limited.
Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I used to own the Vypyr 60, I can honestly say the Power tubes make a lot of difference, it has a better speaker too if I recall. If you like the 30, are used to the layout, and just want a better tone and more power for gigs then the Vypyr Tube is what you want.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
It looks like Peavey released an extension cabinet specially for that purpose:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-vypyr-112-1x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet

I've never had to use extensions myself so you might want to do some checking but as far as I know it's like plugging in an extra speaker so you get extra output and is much cheaper than having to buy a new amp and sell your old one.
Quote by Necronomicon
It looks like Peavey released an extension cabinet specially for that purpose:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-vypyr-112-1x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet

I don't know much about the vypyrs but I'm pretty sure that's meant for the 120 tube head.....
I guess you could use it with your vypyr if it has an extension and you match the ohms up but it won't be louder. Of course it'll seem louder and move more air but I think getting the tube 60 would be better. You're amp will still clip after you turn it past a certain level.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Do it.

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Thanks alot guys looks like im getting the 60.
Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Go for it

They're great amps.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"