Page 1 of 2
Any UGers feel these? I didn't feel the one last night, but about 5-10 minutes ago my house was shaking. We aren't exactly earthquake prone so it is kind of a shock. I'm curious how far away people felt them, I am in Kansas and I definately felt this one

These aren't really anything to people who have been to California or other seismically active areas I imagine (I think the one last night was 4.8, I assume what I just felt was an aftershock possibly), but since anyone living in this area for much of their life is likely to never experience one I'd like to hear people's thoughts on it.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
We had an earthquake once, a chimney fell off a house in Birmingham. It's the worst natural disaster Britain has had.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I got a buddy in the Marine Corps who just posted about feeling an earthquake on Facebook.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
The one that just happened was a 5.2 and could apparently be felt in northern texas

That's basically all anybody is updating their facebook status' with right now

Quote by blahblah
you honestly think anybody lives in oklahoma?
you sir are mistaken.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Nov 6, 2011,
I live in a suburb of KC on the Kansas side. Some of my friends said they felt it but I did not
Quote by bradulator
The one that just happened was a 5.2 and could apparently be felt in northern texas

That's basically all anybody is updating their facebook status' with right now

It was definately felt in southern Kansas as well. Is it a new earthquake or an aftershock from the one last night?

Edit: I finally found a news article about this, apparently this one that just happened was very shallow, only 3.1 miles deep.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Nov 6, 2011,
I didn't feel anything. Of course I'm in New York. Hello.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I dunno, I think it was a whole new earthquake.

"We are now showing there has been a 5.2 Earthquake about 30 miles East of OK City. We are getting reports off it being felt in Dallas, Lubbock and Withita falls. This was a very strong quake and there may be damage in OK city." -news stations facebook page

I just read this comment on one of the statuses:

"HE is coming!"

Quote by LolCatGuitar
you sir are mistaken.

I live in Oklahoma and yes, I live in a teepee
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
My sister lives 45 miles from the epicenter and she said it lasted like a minute. Some people up where I am (Columbia MO) said they felt it too but I didn't feel shit
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
It's a 5.6 now apparently.
There was one I felt at home around 2 AM, and one just now in my dorm room.

So much for the Bible belt. First we get tornadoes, now earthquakes. If there's a God, they clearly don't like us.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^ I just had that same thought. Tornadoes are hard as hell to predict ahead of time and now we have earthquakes too
Quote by bradulator
It's a 5.6 now apparently.

Not too surprising, they usually climb up for awhile. I remember watching the Japan earthquake happening in real time, it was originally pegged at 7.9 I believe and they adjusted it over time to 9.0 eventually.

Here's a map showing where it happened for those interested: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/32.42.-100.-90.php
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Nov 6, 2011,
I'll be in Midwest City this weekend. If an earthquake collapses the building I'm in and I die, I'll be pissed.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The county where the epicenter is located is reporting "significant damage"

Also if this 5.6 sticks it will be the strongest on record for the state.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I'm like 60-70 miles from the epicentre. Shit was trippy as balls, man, especially since we were playing Battlefield 3 with happytimeharry who, a minute later up in Kansas, was like "holy shit I'm getting the earthquake now!"

Relevant: http://www.theonion.com/video/breaking-news-series-of-concentric-circles-emanati,14204/

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Probably the most interesting thing to happen in Oklahoma for centuries. This is probably all anyone living there will hear about for the next three months.
I felt it up in Kansas, as well. Lawrence right here. It was pretty noticeable. My whole room was shaking for a good 10 seconds.

Quote by SteveHouse
I'm like 60-70 miles from the epicentre. Shit was trippy as balls, man, especially since we were playing Battlefield 3 with happytimeharry who, a minute later up in Kansas, was like "holy shit I'm getting the earthquake now!"

Man that was hilarious. You were like, "Dude there was just an earthquake." Then I was all wishing I could experience one. Literally seconds after I finished that sentence my place started rumbling.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Probably the most interesting thing to happen in Oklahoma for centuries. This is probably all anyone living there will hear about for the next three months.

It's just different. People who aren't from here freak the **** out over tornadoes, but the locals don't really care. We're not used to the ground shaking is all.

But I've already seen multiple Facebook posts about Jesus returning. Great.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
That is exactly how it will be.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
**** OU. Texas Fight!
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
Quote by metalh3ad88
I guess you could say a few people were

shaken up

by the experience?

Thats so funny I forgot to laugh.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Felt it last night, it was pretty cool. I live in south central Kansas right north of the OK border.
Quote by BladeSlinger

But I've already seen multiple Facebook posts about Jesus returning. Great.

Quote by FacebookDerpina
This is so interesting! This is also why I LOVE OKLAHOMA... it's not boring like some states.

(sarcasm tag pokes you)
Quote by FacebookDerp
i think we need to rename these recent geoogical events by intensity. Japan had an earthquake (buildings fell down, massive tsunami, people dead). What we are experiencing should be called an earth jiggle.

Quote by FacebookDerp
Earthquake related status.

All the rest were during the actual quake and amounted to "EARTHQUAKE WAT!" My friends > yours.

also dis face

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I felt it....I was in bed....it was all like aww shit the ground is moving. When i was going to school in OKC we had one durring a standardized test...i think that one was almost as big...
I haz gotten gud
Quote by LolCatGuitar
you sir are mistaken.

OT: I live in Oklahoma City, and I promise you, it was no big deal whatsoever. It lasted about 2 minutes and wasn't powerful. Everything you hear about it being scary, terrifying, destructive, etc. is bullshit. No big deal.

EDIT :

you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by Saint78

OT: I live in Oklahoma City, and I promise you, it was no big deal whatsoever. It lasted about 2 minutes and wasn't powerful. Everything you hear about it being scary, terrifying, destructive, etc. is bullshit. No big deal.

EDIT :

I think it was cool, especially since it wasn't a big deal. First earthquake many people from around here have felt in their entire lives.

And I saw that picture in the news, first thing I thought was that Needs a different font color though, red isn't as easy to read.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by happytimeharry
I felt it up in Kansas, as well. Lawrence right here. It was pretty noticeable. My whole room was shaking for a good 10 seconds.

Really? I live in Manhattan and I didn't feel a thing.
Quote by TeaEsKSU
Really? I live in Manhattan and I didn't feel a thing.

Huh, that's odd. Might have been because of what you were doing at the time. It didn't last very long at all. I know my brother was at a party here in Lawrence and I asked him if he felt it. He wasn't even aware there was one until I told him.
A spire fell off the roof of a building at St. gregory's university, which is east of okc. Only real damage I've heard of though

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Awesome. I love all the random earthqaukes in places that rarely if ever get earthqaukes.

All the oklahomies are okay, I assume?
Quote by palm mute
I think it was cool, especially since it wasn't a big deal. First earthquake many people from around here have felt in their entire lives.

And I saw that picture in the news, first thing I thought was that Needs a different font color though, red isn't as easy to read.

Yeah, I mean it was cool, but there were people all scared and freaking out about it (not on here) and they need to stop.
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2