I have been really working recently to break through my current technical barriers. Getting speed, clarity and accuracy out of my playing and attempting to learn some Petrucci level solos. But have been having a real issue getting the speeds up.

I was just sitting here listening to music and air guitaring, and just noticed that my ring finger on my fretboard hand (left hand) does not have the same amount of dexterity of the rest of my fingers. It feels sluggish and cumbersome when I try to move it accurately.

My question: has anyone ever noticed this about a particular finger? and if so, what did you do to train that finger?
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
Never really had any problem like this, all I can recommend is that you take things very methodically and practice with that finger a lot to increase dexterity and strength. Then, play In The Name of God.
Where's Waldo?
Its funny you mention In the name of god, because thats the exact song I am having trouble with.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Yeah, its pretty fast, I don't blame you. If its just that song, you need to play it slow and speed up and that whole deal. If its just your ring finger in general, then you need to do exercises and whatnot.
Where's Waldo?
It's a mixture of both I think, because now that I think about it, its always on ring finger notes that I get mixed up or off beat. I've been sitting here for the past 20 minutes just practicing fingerings on my forearm (current away from the practice space) and can really feel it now that I am looking for it.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6