I've had Texas Specials in my Squier for a few years now.

Two things that have always bugged me since I got them installed are that:
1. they're a little too high output for my liking
2. they have a tendency to sound tinny - but more in a lack of bass sense (like an old radio) than a lack of mids. The mid hump they have accentuate the lack of bass.

Is there a way I could modify the winding (or anything else) to bring up the bass, perhaps lower the mids and reduce the output without overly adversely affecting sustain?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Increase the height of the pickup near the lower strings? Roll off your tone knob? Boost bass on your amp?
A pickup change will make only a subtle difference, changing amp settings will make a bugger one in my experience
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Increase the height of the pickup near the lower strings? Roll off your tone knob? Boost bass on your amp?
A pickup change will make only a subtle difference, changing amp settings will make a bugger one in my experience

Yeh but aren't they single coils? I was thinking along the lines of some low output mini humbuckers.
Quote by Twidler
Yeh but aren't they single coils? I was thinking along the lines of some low output mini humbuckers.

Changing the type of pickup is something else......humbuckers will add a lot of warmth and cut highs