I just finished restringing my guitar with an edge III bridge on it and after restringing I realized that some strings are not in the small slots where the string is supposed to be lined up with on the bridge, but off to the side. However, the string is secured and tightened. Should this be a problem? Thanks
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
loosen the strings and line it up properly? if you leave it, the strings could break and or you may have intonation issues
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Quote by Dellinger1988
loosen the strings and line it up properly? if you leave it, the strings could break and or you may have intonation issues

Thanks, that fixed it. Do you also happen to know how to reset the bridge position? Its leaning quite forward now that the strings are in tension. I think this is because of the gauge change.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
When you change string gauge you have to change the spring tension in the back. Open the back of the guitar and either add an extra spring or tighten the existing springs. Then you'll need to re-tune, probably tighten the springs some more, re-tune again, tighten some more. It can go on for a while before you get the balance exactly right. Personally I don't bother doing it myself, if I want to change gauge on a floating trem I take the guitar to a tech who has the time and patience to sort it out properly.
You need to adjust the screws in the back of the guitar. Tighten them to increase the spring tension and pull the bridge back down. You should loosen your strings a bit before tightening the screws just to be safe.

So basically: loosen strings, tighten screws (a bit!), tune strings up again, see if bridge is level, if not repeat. Also make sure you stretch out your strings fully before you commit to the bridge height as if strings aren't fully stretched then as they do the bridge will sink back down.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
You need to adjust the screws in the back of the guitar. Tighten them to increase the spring tension and pull the bridge back down. You should loosen your strings a bit before tightening the screws just to be safe.

So basically: loosen strings, tighten screws (a bit!), tune strings up again, see if bridge is level, if not repeat. Also make sure you stretch out your strings fully before you commit to the bridge height as if strings aren't fully stretched then as they do the bridge will sink back down.

Thanks. Almost tightened them without loosening the strings first
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013