Is the Bass easier for songs from Metallica, Green Day, Blink-182, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Oasis etc. or is the Guitar easier? Bass sure sounds more fun. I was considering getting a Bass instead of Electric Guitar after playing on Acoustic for some time.
For those bass would be easier, in my opinion. But why make a decision based on what's easy/hard?
If you want to play bass, play bass. If you want to play guitar, play guitar.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Bass =================================== Sixplucker
Giganto strings ------------------------------------------- More strings, some very thin
Can be picked, usually fingerpicked. ------------ Can be fingerpicked, usually picked.
More rhythm and groove, less lead. --------------- Lots of rhythm or lead, or both.
Less effects to play with. ----------------------------- Too many effects to get distracted.
Highly underrated, unless you're good. ---------- Highly overrated, unless you're good.
Always gets laid. ------------------------------------------- Always claiming to get laid.
Never given the spotlight. ------------------------------- Always stealing the spotlight.
Can be very painful on the fingers. -------------------- Can be somewhat painful.
Less BS from bass manufacturers. --------------------- Tons of BS from manufacturers.
Less variation from model to model. ------------------ Overwhelming amount of variation.
Fun. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Fun.

Take your pick.

edit:: FFFFUUUUUUU- fixed.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Last edited by Ishiga at Nov 6, 2011,
I say, for metallica, the bass is easyer then lead or rhythm guitar...But at those other bands, like green day, i'd doubt that. Green day has some quite hard bass in it, and bass plays a huge role in the music. But as the posts above, pick whichever one you like more..
Pretty much, do you wanna do DANUHNUHNUHNUHNUHN WEEEEEEEOWW BANANANUHHHHHH. or do you wanna do DUH NUH DANUH NUH DANUH NUH DA DADADADADADA BABABADUM BABA BADUMBADUM. (1. geetarr. 2. bass.) bass is groovy. guitar is.. guitary.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I'm just worried I won't be missing out on the other if I pick one of them... I'd like to ask, is playing Bass really fun :O
Well you could play both..

Everyone is different, i prefer playing guitar. Therefor i play guitar in my band.
But then again i feel that it is sometimes nice to play bass for a change, so i play guitar and bass in my school band.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
lol. Why not learn em both? Pick one you want to specialize in, then get a cheap other one. For instance, I play sixplucker. It's what I do. But, my old bandbuddy had a cheap 5 string bass. I don't think I went over there once without plucking that five stringer at least a little. Never had bass lessons, never needed em. Once you've learned sixplucker, bass isn't that difficult, just takes some getting used to. Very different styles though, for instance guitar will have you using alot more licks and stuff, bass will focus more heavily on rhythm and groove.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Maybe it's too early for me to say, but licks and solos and stuff aren't really my thing, I've always preferred the rhythm part. Maybe I'll pick bass.

Thanks fellers'