I'm a bit confused on what strings would be the best for this genre. would it be 123456 or 012345?, or there is any special combination that i should check out? Please... any help is greatly appreciated. .
Am I missing something here, or is the only answer to this question "WTF"?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
well, GaryBillington, im really a newbie in playing guitar so please bare with me..
@Weirdbag, maybe thats it!, could please tell me more about this thing?
Quote by bookz
well, GaryBillington, im really a newbie in playing guitar so please bare with me..

We were all newbies once

Strings are usually numbered 1-6 as explained in the diagram on this page:
http://www.betterguitar.com/instruction/essentials/essentials.html

Your question is probably about the gauge (thickness) of the strings, but that's more of a preference thing than something which is relevant to any particular genre. For a newbie, lighter (or thinner) strings are often easier to get used to so I'd suggest trying a set of 09-42 gauge.

Thicker strings can give better tone once you're used to playing, but can be harder for a newbie to deal with.

EDIT - Also just thought that as this is in the acoustic thread, you should probably specify if your guitar has metal or nylon strings. If it's nylon, the gauges mentioned so far probably aren't relevant (I don't know for sure though, I've never had a nylon strung guitar but I'd assume they are different gauges to metal strings).
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by GaryBillington
We were all newbies once

Strings are usually numbered 1-6 as explained in the diagram on this page:
http://www.betterguitar.com/instruction/essentials/essentials.html

Your question is probably about the gauge (thickness) of the strings, but that's more of a preference thing than something which is relevant to any particular genre. For a newbie, lighter (or thinner) strings are often easier to get used to so I'd suggest trying a set of 09-42 gauge.

Thicker strings can give better tone once you're used to playing, but can be harder for a newbie to deal with.

Thank You Mr. GaryBillington, this really mean a lot to me. I see now, its pretty obvious that sungha is using thick strings. So the idea here is, the more the thickness of a string is, the more it will sound good. Thank you very much!!!. So i guess this one solved my question.
Last edited by bookz at Nov 6, 2011,
No worries

Also check the edit I added to my last post - it may not be relevant, but worth checking just in case.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Another one, sir, where is the close button?, I want to close this thread but, i cant seem to find it.
To close a thread, you need to click on the edit button just underneath your original post.

This will take you to a page where you can choose to delete the post, only by deleting the first post can you close a thread.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud