This guitar is an amber sunburst esp ltd h-1001fm, with seymour duncan pickups

Its on sale used for $500, but the rosewood fretbord is incredibly dry, the frets need polishing/cleaning, and its really dusty and i assume its wires are probably a little messed up.

Can all of these things be fixed back to "normal"? I know you can treat stuff like this but is there any significant damage to the guitar due to this? I would probably just let the tech there clean it up before i even take it home.

I was in the market for a new amp, but this deal looks too good to pass up. If I pick this guitar up, you can expect an NGD
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
if your tech's any good, probably.

only concern is the fretboard... sometimes oiling it helps, sometimes it doesn't. if you suspect it's just crap quality rosewood then that probably isn't fixable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well this guitar is fairly hi to mid end in LTD's, so I assume the fretboard was good quality to begin with. I don't want to ask my tech about it yet, because he might just say yes to get me to buy it.
Quote by Diesel Weasel
well this guitar is fairly hi to mid end in LTD's, so I assume the fretboard was good quality to begin with. I don't want to ask my tech about it yet, because he might just say yes to get me to buy it.

Well if thats the case I'd find a new tech
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
None of those are significant problems. That model isn't going to have "crap" rosewood on it, and even years of no playing/fingerboard treatment aren't enough to ruin a board. Dry fingerboards, oxidized frets, dirt/grime, etc. are all minor inconveniences that can be remedied in a matter of minutes. I would buy it hands down.
i dunno i've seen plenty of expensive guitars with questionable quality rosewood. i wouldn't want to say it definitely doesn't have poor rosewood, kind of thing. It might.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ill try to see if i can get the tech to fix it up before i buy it. sometiems they work stuff out like that.
Tell them to clean it up.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
The rosewood is probably fine, just needs quite a bit of touching up. I reckon you should have it cleaned before purchasing it though incase it really is ruined.
West Ham United
is it even possible at all for a rosewood fretboard to be ruined by lack of treatment and age? or not?
not sure... normally you can bring them back with a bit of oil and the like, but i mean if you stored one outside in the atacama desert for 10 years, all bets are off, kind of thing
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?