So this is a little something I came across on craigslist. I've seen the thunderbird style Jackson bass guitars but never a 6 string like this, and it has a floyd. The only thing is says in the ad is that it is a professional series, which I know means it was made oversees, and you can see that the truss rod cover is blank. He's asking $325 for it. Does anybody know anything about this guitar? I can't find it in a single Jackson catalogue anywhere.
Attachments:
5.jpg
6.jpg
ask for a serial number.... and better pictures.... cause from them pictures i cant find anything that looks like that ... to me i am thinking a parts guitar.... and he just put a jackson neck on it... but i could be wrong....
Guitars: IBANEZ RGA42FM
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 9-42
AMP'S: Peavey Vyper
Effects: Zoom G3
That looks like a Jackson Firebird. Go try it out.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Looks to be an old Jackson Firebird, I believe Dave Mustaine used them at some point in the 90s, he uses a red one in Megadeth's Trust video. Seems legitimate but I would seek more information if I were you.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
So I passed on it, really unique looking but it was beat to hell. I did end up buying another guitar. I thought I was buying the cheap 400$ version of the Jackson Kelly, but I think I may have stumbled upon some type of KE3. I can't find the serial anywhere but it has Duncan Designed pups and a transparent blue finish. As far as I know, those only came on the KE3's. It only has a volume knob and no tone so I'm perplexed. Here's a pic. Anybody have any additional info on what she might be?
Attachments:
IMAG0366.jpg