Poll: How motivated are you on a scale from 1-5? (1 not at all, 5 extremely)
Poll Options
View poll results: How motivated are you on a scale from 1-5? (1 not at all, 5 extremely)
39 25%
43 27%
49 31%
20 13%
6 4%
Voters: 157.
Hey pit,

So I have quite a lot of work to do, but I have absolutely no motivation to do it :/ I've realised that this is something that I struggle with pretty much all the time, and was wondering how motivated The Pit is.

So, on a scale of 1-5 (1 being 'not at all', and 5 being 'extremely'), how motivated are you to do things such as school work, housework, etc..?

I'd have to go with 1.

tl;dr: I'm not motivated to do stuff. How motivated are you?
Last edited by guitar ben94 at Nov 6, 2011,
its time for you to get to work buddy
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Like a 2, only because I need money to live.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I don't really have any motivation to do start my coursework right now but for other stuff I guess i'm fairly motivated... 3 I guess.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
1. I'm a worthless turd.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I'm motivated to work hard at my job, but I couldn't care less about school.
Sail upon the open skies
It depends. For example: I'm extremely motivated to run to the pub to drink some beers, but I'm not that motivated to run as in a physical excercise at all. That'll have to change, though.
I'm pretty motivated to get this SuDoku done.
That's about it at the moment.
Quote by rock.freak667
Like a 2, only because I need money to live.

This.

Though I just cracked out my physics knowledge which hasn't been used for about 3 years to help my friend working out Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation. Felt good to do that, and I was determined to get it right.
When it's my own work though....forget about it.
I have 1 day to write 18 pages of work out......I say I'm a 1 :P
Quote by Joeobrown
I did think about the size, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem because I like thick ones anyway

That's what she said.
Depends on what school work i guess. Anything from 1 - 4 so I'll go with a 3
Tomorrow starts the first examweek of the college where i go to. I haven't done anything because of personal stuff and the classes are just boring. Thinking of dropping out for the second time.. anyway life is a bitch.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
I'm pretty motivated to go play A Link to the Past, (I'd say about a 4) but that's really the only thing I'm motivated to do right now.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
5. /jew.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
EVERY DAY IMMA SHUFFLIN!!!
So it´s 2 and the reason why it isn´t 1 is cuz I love to rock parties!
How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perverted?
More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions?
And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are.
Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be.
Last edited by YoShockray at Nov 6, 2011,
I said 3... But now that I think about it it's probably more like 1.5...
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Prolly a 2-3. I've been a bit more motivated recently since I've found something I'm good at, enjoy, and will most likely be a good career to works towards, but I'm still incredibly lazy and unmotivated.
Always 1.

I've noticed that among my friends, the ones who get good grades and get things done on time, it's not motivation that drives them, it's self-discipline. They don't enjoy it, but they know it needs to be done.
My motivation never comes from any sort of internal source. It's always pressure coming from teachers, parents, and/or peers that motivates me to do coursework or cleaning, or really anything.

I gave myself a 1.
I'm not motivated to do anything anymore. Senioritis is kicking in.
Negative a million and four.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Negative a million and four.

THIS
I wanted to underline the 'THIS' but I wasn't motivated enough to do it.
ggg1 ggg3

I'm feeling kind of motivated for once.
The problem is that I just don't know what to work on and I can't find anywhere quiet and secluded.
I was going to click on 5, but I didn't really feel like it. I ended up clicking on 1. Don't judge me, I just have a lack of motivation. I really deserve a 5, but I don't feel like giving myself it. Could someone else give it to me?
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
I have a bunch of problems I've done nothing to solve, so a one.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Well it depends. If it's something like housework or chores I'd say 1 since I don't live on my own, if I did though that figure would jump up to a 4.

I wasn't motivated at all to do homework/schoolwork when I was back in school, but that's because I was a selfish prick who only payed attention to what I found interesting. (Read: Music class and lunch break).

When it comes to working I'd say 4. I'm never completely ecstatic about it but I do my best.

When it comes to anything else (such as music, writing, swimming, rugby etc.) I'd say 5.

Put that on your poll TS
2. Revising for exams is boring as. Being injured means I can't train. Life is dull atm
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau