Anyone have any experience or heard anything about these? Found one in the local music shop and I'm heading down to play it tomorrow. Only 500 euro seems great for a brand new fender so I'm presuming there's a catch. I know they're made in China but it can't make that much of a difference can it? I'm liking the look of the double pups..
Originally Posted by JayLacelle
because UGers are smarter than the average human being
They seem to be the same ethos as the (now discontinued) Highway One series, Mexican standard parts assembled in East Asian factories (China I believe, in this case.) In which I have pretty high hopes for them. High mass bridges and real alder bodies and all for <£400 makes them pretty awesome. The pickups will be shit though, I can guarantee. Luckily, all of them are a standard shape, Dimarzio Willpowers in that Telebass will do.
are they made overseas or in America?
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
are they made overseas or in America?

China from what I've heard.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
China from what I've heard.

damn. I was thinking about getting one of these, but that ruins it for me. I'm still kind of curious about the triple-coil pickup in the maruader though

EDIT: didn't realize I was in the bass guitar thread
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Last edited by ac/dcfan5000 at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
EDIT: didn't realize I was in the bass guitar thread

Total fail. total sig.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Guitar comments are welcome, surely. We're commenting on the quality, not the octave. Hardly a fail.

They're made in China and their pickups are "Modern Player" series so its anyone's guess how good they'll be. Personally, I can't see them being as good as the Vintage Modified series and certainly not as good as the Classic Vibe series from Squier. What they do have, however, is a decent* tonewood and "Fender" written on the head stock.

*(Something tells me they won't be using the choicest cuts.)
Quote by Spaz91
Guitar comments are welcome, surely. We're commenting on the quality, not the octave. Hardly a fail.

They're made in China and their pickups are "Modern Player" series so its anyone's guess how good they'll be. Personally, I can't see them being as good as the Vintage Modified series and certainly not as good as the Classic Vibe series from Squier. What they do have, however, is a decent* tonewood and "Fender" written on the head stock.

*(Something tells me they won't be using the choicest cuts.)

agreed.. the comment wasn't a fail... the fact that he didn't realize this is the bass forum, was.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2