Newish Pennsylvanian Death Metal band that completely rips-off old school American favorites, especially Autopsy.

Their first album was released back in 2003 and their follow up was just released this year. I've only just heard them, so I haven't really formed an opinion yet. Any thoughts / comments / bitching / etc.?

Metal Archives
Myspace
Someone gave me a promo copy of their new album at MDF back in 2010. It's a blatant Autopsy rip-off but still done well, for what it's worth.
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by sg_man08
Someone gave me a promo copy of their new album at MDF back in 2010. It's a blatant Autopsy rip-off but still done well, for what it's worth.

So, it's exactly like their debut? I'm about to listen to their new one in a second, so I guess I'll find out first hand. But yeah, that seems to be their shtick.
Quote by NotFromANUS
So, it's exactly like their debut? I'm about to listen to their new one in a second, so I guess I'll find out first hand. But yeah, that seems to be their shtick.

I haven't heard the debut, but I'm guessing that the two albums are very similar.
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by sg_man08
I haven't heard the debut, but I'm guessing that the two albums are very similar.

I haven't completely finished the album, but it is slightly different than the debut. The debut was pure Mental Funeral worship (even covering Destined to Fester). The second album has a slightly different production style to it that is less murky and a lot of the riffs borrow from a slightly wider range of sources, for example early Death.

I'm still undecided as to whether or not this music stands on its own.
Checked out a couple songs, these guys are pretty cool. Good for the occasional listen if nothing else. And in response to NFA, a band doesn't have to reinvent the wheel to stand on their own. At times execution and conviction can be more important than creativity and vision. That being said, it's one thing to heavily borrow from a certain scene or era but totally different to just blatantly worship a band as well known and influential as Autopsy. I can't comment on this band in particular as I haven't listened to a full album but I honestly doubt they'll survive the test of time. Solid stuff nonetheless. Fans of this should also check out Morbus Chron, another Autopsy worship band.