Hi! I'm thinkin about getting a new guitar and I cant decide which one is best.

ESP/LTD M-200FM

ESP/LTD EC-256 AHB

Epiphone G400 Ltd. Ed. 1966

Epiphone SG Custom Prophecy

Which is best? I play all sorts of music, like classic rock (AC/DC, GnR etc...) and (want to learn) heavy metal (A7X, Metallica etc...). So which is best for really fast solos, riffs and everything else? Please help me!
How many songs use the 24 frets and tremolo of the m-200? is 22 enough?
Last edited by ville525 at Nov 6, 2011,
To be honest, a trem at that price is most likely gonna suck, just to warn you. I think all those are about the same, but go for the LTDs if its more metal, whereas if you'll be playing mostly rock take the G400. Go and try them first though.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
do you want a floyd/fixed bridge? (do you change tunings often?)
do you want active pickups/ passive?
have you tried any of these in a store?
do you have any preference on things like weight, size, bridge style, neck width?
Beware of budget locking trems, they're often crap. If you need a trem you might want to look for a used Ibanez S470 (ZR trem model) or late 80's/early 90's Ibanez RG/S models.
Which ever one feels and sounds the best to you. Guitars are personal things, buying it on specs isn't going to always work out for the best.
As already been said, trems of low price are usually reeeeally bad. Every guitar I have bought has a trem, and the first two were cheap guitars, and the trems were awful. My third guitar was an Ibanez, with an Edge III trem, and that one finally got the trem "right"

With the 24 fret question, I prefer 24 just because it is 2 full octaves on every string. That's just me though.

Again, as already said, it is a personal thing. You really have to play it and decide for yourself.
Quote by ville525

Which is best? I play all sorts of music, like classic rock (AC/DC, GnR etc...) and (want to learn) heavy metal (A7X, Metallica etc...). So which is best for really fast solos, riffs and everything else? Please help me!

Huh, didn't know that A7X was called heavy metal now. In any case, I'd go for the SG (G-400). Great all around tone, awesome for rock and "metal", and also a surprisingly good blues machine too (in case you ever look into other stuff).
I personally would go for the EC-256. Would be able to handle the music you are wanting to play, as well as the classic rock. Plus, i prefer the neck shapes on the LTDs.