right now im using an epiphone dot, and my amp is a line 6 spider II (i dont need a lecture on my shitty amp ) so ya, i love tom's use of effects, and his cleans sound great, i dont have much money, so id like to keep the budget at like, 500 or so, so give me any suggestions you have, pedals or amps, and try to be specific please, idk what else to say. so ya thanks in advance for the suggestions
PS i saw on musicians friend the Line 6 Pod HD500 on sale, would that be a good if i used it with my amp?
Last edited by greenday4u at Nov 6, 2011,
Budget of 500... 500 what? Euros? Dollars? Pounds? Yens? Sticks and stones?

And no, using a multi-fx unit with your current amp isn't a good idea. Modelling amps like the Spider don't take pedals and/or multi-fx units very well.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well, you could try to find a used Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, for example, and then get the Peavey Sanpera II footswitch.

That way you'd have both a great amp and the effect switches at your feet.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Well I know that currently he's using a combination of some kind of Fender Twin Reverbs and Vox AC30's, as opposed to the Messa/Marshall combination he used to use. But I don't have any experience with these amp's so can't really give any help, plus I don't think they are going to be within budget sadly.
Quote by Linkerman
Well, you could try to find a used Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, for example, and then get the Peavey Sanpera II footswitch.

are the effects better sounding than the ones on my amp? cuz my built in effects really suck
Quote by Tom Delonge
I think it's a sin to plug into a pedal or any effects before plugging into an amp

No joke.

Are you more geared towards AVA or Blink?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Radtastic89
Get the Tom Epi guitar, that will give you the Blink and AVA sound.

Not through a spider . The Vypyr tube's effects are much better than the spiders. They are actually good amps not a starter amp. Or you could go for a used JCM900 or the like if you don't need effects much.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Used Valveking for the cleans. If you swap out the speaker (which is a good idea) you're looking at around $200 for a multi-FX; I'd suggest a DigiTech RP500 or a Zoom G3. If you don't do it right away (again, you really should change the speaker) you have closer to $250 for the multi-FX, which gives you just a little bit more leeway.
Quote by Linkerman

+1
Also consider the Spider Valve combo, but the vyper FX are better, unless you get a Spider Valve mark II.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate