What in your opinion is better for a lead guitarist who wants decent effects,a line 6 pod hd 500 or individual pedals?

Some of the pedals that I need are a metal muff,a kfk eq,wah and a delay and reverb.I play thrash and death metal mostly.The budget is around Rs.30000 (600$) roughly.

Do suggest some other pedals.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
i find multi effects pedals REALLY useful and they really broaden your horizons in terms of songwriting but if you're certain that you'll only need those pedals then individuals are the way to go. in any case i wouldnt recommend spending $600 on your first set of pedals all at once. either buy a multi effects pedal or 2 or 3 pedals at the beginning because you cant be sure of what you actually need. if you buy the pedals and find that you need others then buy them buy if you buy them and then dont use them youve wasted hundreds of dollars. also dont buy any signature pedals because they are HUGELY overpriced.

i would get the line 6
If that Spider 15 in your sig is the only amp you own, then I say neither. Get a new amp first, pedals aren't going to make it sound any better.

However, when you do get a new amp, I suggest getting either a Line 6 M9/M13 or a T.C. Electronic Nova System, if you are just wanting effects and not the extra amp modeling, etc.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
If that Spider 15 in your sig is the only amp you own, then I say neither. Get a new amp first, pedals aren't going to make it sound any better.

+100
Quote by Ian_the_fox

+1 to that. A better amp will take you places you could never go with even the best multi-effects in front of that amp.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

This x1000000000000
Disregarding your amp for a moment, your question is really a matter of opinion. I am of the stance that digital is a far superior option. I used to play the pedal game when I used to use my 5150, but it's just... aggravating. With digital, you have the ability to change multiple fx, as well as amp channels, all with a single stomp. It's just a way better option for me.

If you use minimal fx and don't change channels much, individual pedals could be good for you. If you like playing the pedal game, that's fine too. There's also the collectability factor. Pedals are just cool and fun to have. But you have to think about what is right for you, and your situation.

The one situation where I personally think individual pedals are better is if you have a ton of money to put into a pedalboard, and you can get a MIDI setup going, that allows you to have the functionality of a good MFX. That is better because you can pick each effect that you want to use, but it's exponentially more expensive than any other option (considering you use a lot of pedals).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X