Hi,
I'm getting some noise on my Blackstar HT-1 amp.

It sounds like the noise you hear while trying to tune a FM radio with some farting and squealing, it's very similar every time starting with some little noise that increases, it doesn't seem to effect my guitar sound, at most it seems to lower my guitar volume when it gets worse.

I got it a few times while my guitar was unplugged, but now I get it usually while playing. A few taps in the back of the amp make it go away, but it comes back in a few minutes.

Any ideas what could this be?

Thanks.
might be a bad preamp tube.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
take it to a guitar tech, and make sure its not just something simple and easily fixable. otherwise call blackstar. I've heard they make some nice amps, but sometimes they arent superb in build quality.
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
The ht-5 i had doubled as an am radio
If it goes away when you tap the amp, it's almost certainly something that has come loose. Maybe a tube not seated in the socket all the way, etc. Check the simple stuff like that, maybe even pull the tubes out and spray some contact cleaner in the sockets. Could just have a bit of dust in there interfering with the connection.

Could also be a tube that's going bad if all the connections are good. I'd check connections first, then try swapping out tubes. If that doesn't solve it, take it to a tech.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes