Which do you prefer?

My Fave is the tele, I just love the twang - and its versatility.
What kind of music.. jeez these are getting old.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Quote by omidmash
What kind of music.. jeez these are getting old.

Sorry...I'm new to these forums!
Strat. I'm a strat guy, and I love the way they sound and play. I don't really like teles because of the twang, the thin tone, and they just look ugly. Keep in mind that I play metal, and everybody has different opinions about guitars.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Stratocaster. My first. Got used to the bridge, more comfortable for me than Tele.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
I like Teles just a little better than Strats. Kinda dig the thinner tone and twanginess it has. Also, I actually think it looks kind of sexy.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
Tele

have one, use it pretty much exclusively now, just connected with it like no other guitar
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Telecaster, they are amazing, retro and have a nice bright unique sound to them i love mine and will never sell it.
Telecaster all the way for me.

I used to have a Fender Strat & just found it dull & bland. OK at everything, great at nothing.

And that's not a fact, just my opinion. If it was a fact, hardly anybody would have them.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Telecaster all the way for me.

I used to have a Fender Strat & just found it dull & bland. OK at everything, great at nothing.

And that's not a fact, just my opinion. If it was a fact, hardly anybody would have them.

Pretty much what I think of strats. Besides you can make a tele sound like a strat but you cant make a strat sound like a tele.

I love my tele.

My strats mashed up, with a high power GFS pickup, GFS 11-53s tuned to C#, bits of hardware painted green, its pretty awesome for mashing. I probably wouldnt bother with it if it was just a normal strat.
At least it's not just me
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Its an unwritten rule that every guitarist should have one of each in there arsenal.
I prefer teles though :P
I was going to say that these threads aren't usually allowed but since a mod's already posted in it...

100% Stratocaster
Quote by coolstoryangus
Its an unwritten rule that every guitarist should have one of each in there their arsenal.

Strats or Teles?

You can use Strats for just about anything. But Teles are really only suited for blues, classic rock, country and jazz. You can use them in other styles, but they're more suited for those styles.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
Last edited by thrashdeth at Nov 6, 2011,
Stratocaster for me. It's got the tone I like. Don't get me wrong, Teles can have great sounds too, but not what I'm looking for. Plus, I'm not a fan of the Telecaster's body shape.
Last edited by Mr. Strat Cat at Nov 6, 2011,
This thread=

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by thrashdeth
Strats or Teles?

You can use Strats for just about anything. But Teles are really only suited for blues, classic rock, country and jazz. You can use them in other styles, but they're more suited for those styles.

I mean its good to have both. A strat AND a tele.