I think they lower certain frequencies so you can't hear them, or something.. But not sure 100%
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
What kind of program do you need to be able to do it?
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
I assume you are just fishing for views.

Just learn how to play the song on drums and bass. It's the only solution.
Other than that it is pretty difficult.

or just google back tracks to songs you want.
Last edited by Guynametyler at Nov 6, 2011,
Some people will just re-record the backing track if they have the gear for it. I'm sure there are websites where you can buy licensed backing tracks too.
I believe you can get a layered track, so with all the separate parts and open it in some special software and just turn off guitar?
Quote by Guynametyler

Just learn how to play the song on drums and bass. It's the only solution.
Other than that it is pretty difficult.

or just google back tracks to songs you want.

Thats not the point, I know who to play it on drums and bass but for a guitar only cover I want the actual tracks from the song. This dude has a few posted but not as many as I'd like
My Gear:
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
A lot of backing tracks are covers.
I imagine it's easier to obtain a license for a song than for the original recording. Also, trying to filter out certain instruments from the mastered track is not easy and doesn't always give the best results.
If you ever find a track with the actual recorded parts, it's because they have the master.
Because Rock Band and some of the Guitar Hero's got a hold of the masters, in the options you can take out specific tracks of the song. That's why you find such good backing tracks for songs on those games.
Last edited by rhinomiester647 at Nov 6, 2011,
Kill Frusciante and Kiedis? (I'm pretty sure I spelled the names wrong)

EDIT: And that video only had 1 dislike before I watched it.
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Nov 6, 2011,
Well, if I ever need to remove vocals, I'll use Audacity. It has a built in vocal remover effect. This just gives an average quality vocal remover. Set the frequency range to roughly 300Hz to 3400Hz. That's average vocal frequency. You can undo this and increase the band to get a better result if it doesn't work enough.

This however, cuts out a lot of those frequencies on other instruments, so your track may not be great sounding.
Don't you hate it when you're reading a sentence and it doesn't end how you testicles.

Did you hear the one about the boy with the short atten
All the people in this thread are either stupid or cruel.

I would guess that backing tracks are either made from the original tapes and released by the studio or label, as with remixes, or that people re-record the track themselves super accurately. The tapes method simply needs the person who mixes to decide which tracks are left in and which are left out.

Trying to filter out instruments by cutting frequencies is a very ham-fisted and pointless way to do it because all the tracks will be very close in frequency, especially with something as thick and well-produced as an RHCP track.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Cool thanks guys, I'll look into it. And yes I knew the risk I took by posting it up here. I don't think my tone is that bad though, solo tone sounds alright for having my classic 30 on volume.. .05 lol
My Gear:
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
A lot of people rip the tracks off of Rockband/GH.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.