Ok, seeing as my last thread was recommending to me some PRS's I've kinda changed my mind on the sort of guitar I'm after.

I'm after something pointy and I've just seen the NJ Warbeast, which is selling for slightly over the possible maximum budget. Seeing as my budget is hypothetical right now as I haven't sold my rig yet. But once it sells I'm hoping to have made about £400-£500 so suggestions which fall into between both of the prices I'll be looking into extensively.

I'm willing to go either new or used. Used is prefered seeing as you get more for your money.

Now, it dosn't have to have a trem but if it does it would be handy as I'd be playing this in E Standard and I could tune another guitar down.

Any wood is good for me but either Basswood or Mahogany is better (seeing as Basswood is light and Mahogany is a brighter wood than Basswood I think. Could be wrong, please correct me if I am)

Twenty four frets prefered.

And that's about it in terms of specs.

Thanks EG.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
check out DBZ guitars. they score over 9000 on the scale of awesome pointy guitars.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Would I be able to afford ANY of them though?

From what I heard, prices are really expensive.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
don't look at their american made series.
the korean made series (i think they are korean made) are between 4 and 500
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Quote by larson8er
don't look at their american made series.
the korean made series (i think they are korean made) are between 4 and 500

Could I have a couple of links?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I own a BC rich NJ deluxe V.

Good guitar in sound but you'd be better off buying another for build quality and the paint job ain't the best.

Just sayin'
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Go on ebay and gumtree,
look at pointy guitars
You could maybe ask our opinion on some selections you've made but honestly pick your own damn guitar. We can give you opinions on stuff that catche your eye but.. ya
Probs best sell your stuff first tho since used stuff comes and goes ye know
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by larson8er
check out DBZ guitars. they score over 9000 on the scale of awesome pointy guitars.

I have to admit, being a pointy guitar hater, this does look very elegant...in an "i'm going to kill you unless you play me" kind of way.

http://store.dbzguitars.com/products/productdetail/Bird+of+Prey+2+White/part_number=BOP2-WH/9009.0.1.1.16037.101104.101103.0.0?pp=12&
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
bc rich hollowbody!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Duv

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by beckyjc
Quote by Fisheth24
Ok, seeing as my last thread was recommending to me some PRS's I've kinda changed my mind on the sort of guitar I'm after.

I'm after something pointy and I've just seen the NJ Warbeast, which is selling for slightly over the possible maximum budget. Seeing as my budget is hypothetical right now as I haven't sold my rig yet. But once it sells I'm hoping to have made about £400-£500 so suggestions which fall into between both of the prices I'll be looking into extensively.

I'm willing to go either new or used. Used is prefered seeing as you get more for your money.

Now, it dosn't have to have a trem but if it does it would be handy as I'd be playing this in E Standard and I could tune another guitar down.

Any wood is good for me but either Basswood or Mahogany is better (seeing as Basswood is light and Mahogany is a brighter wood than Basswood I think. Could be wrong, please correct me if I am)

Twenty four frets prefered.

And that's about it in terms of specs.

Thanks EG.

You're wrong. Basswood is light, but Mahogany is a dark sounding wood.
Quote by Wisthekiller
You're wrong. Basswood is light, but Mahogany is a dark sounding wood.

Ah right, knew I'd made a mistake somewhere.

Damn typing when I'm not thinking straight.

Thanks
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Nameless742
I own a BC rich NJ deluxe V.

Good guitar in sound but you'd be better off buying another for build quality and the paint job ain't the best.

Just sayin'

Don't wanna hijack the thread, but do you have the newer or older version? I've heard the older (08 w/ the beast headstock) is apparently a bit better than the new one, I'm not sure, havn't played either, but I've just heard it, I'm thinking of picking one up though, anything else to say?

Only posting this and not Pm'ing because I'd probably suggest the same thing for his price, even if he doesn't like it, take out the emg's, tuners, and OFR and there's some easy money for parts right there.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Try a Jackson Warrior. Odd shape yet comfortable. Also try a used BC Rich Stealth. Both can be achived for under 500.
So, everyone in this thread has pointed to American websites when OP clearly stated it was "£s".

Jackson RR or some kind of Explorer are the only pointy guitars I would personally own.
the TS is long gone.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.