Will a 30 watt head connected to a 4x12 be very loud? Like loud enough to power most gigs and play over a very loud drummer?

Or would 50 watts / 100 watts suit me better?

... I like loud ...
loud enough
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
it will be loud enough but not because its a 4x12. the amount of speakers you plug it into doesnt determine the loudness, its the amp thats pushing the speakers
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Actually EspTro, I don't agree with you. Theoretically, yes it should work that way. But running an amp through a 4x12 seems louder than a 2x12. Maybe not when you max them out (never tried it), but on reasonable levels (like for a rehearsal) a 4x12 appears louder
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
Quote by Gui_Lux
Actually EspTro, I don't agree with you. Theoretically, yes it should work that way. But running an amp through a 4x12 seems louder than a 2x12. Maybe not when you max them out (never tried it), but on reasonable levels (like for a rehearsal) a 4x12 appears louder

Here we go again

You're right Gui, it isn't louder but the sound spreads out and seems louder which is all that matters. It's the same output but a 4x12 will (not literally) be louder than a combo.

To answer your question, 30 watts should be enough for most situations.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Gui_Lux

your kind of right. see, 4x12 are more common in live setting because the speakers being taller lets you hear yourself more rather then 2 lower speakers. if u put a 2x12 sideways u get a similar effect. but neither is louder then the other
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED