Hey all.

I want to buy a new acoustic guitar.
I now have a crappy richwood tuned to like C standard to keep the strings from breaking.
I just want it to have great clear tones at D standard.
And I want it to sound pretty bright and sparkly.
budget is the cheapest guitar that meets these requiements!
I haven't had very much experience with acoustics, but from what I know the Washburn WD-10S is a very good contender. Cheap, too, at $175 - $200 USD.
bright and sparkly, cheap, clear. i haven't found washburn dreads to be particularly bright. if you'll settle for bright and clear without sparkly, you might want to try a yamaha fg730s or perhaps their cheaper model, the fg700s. you might try a new or used taylor 110 or perhaps a taylor big baby, although i don't recall that those hold up well when tuned down.

the seagull original s6 and the s6 slim - not the entourage series and not the spruce top models - have some very nice sparkle in the top end, one of the few that has it. beautiful sounding guitar, but keep in mind if you try some that most stores keep old strings on them that tend to make their sound less wonderful.

most of the guitars that fit your tonal description are way above what i'm guessing your budget is. there are a fair number of budget guitars that are bright, some that are clear, but sparkly as i interpret it tends to belong to the higher priced instruments. i played a master grade breedlove yesterday with redwood top and walnut back and sides that had a beautiful sparkling top end but it was $3500. a lot of the higher end taylors have beautiful sparkle in the top end, too, and some handbuilts i've tried have it as does the $5000 gibson jackson browne. if i can think of any more lower priced ones, i'll come back and post.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Nov 6, 2011,
Jasmine by Takamine S35.

Cheap as can be and a fairly decent guitar. (around 100-120 USD)
Epiphone EJ 200 CE
Oscar Schmidt 12 String
Magnatone Zephyr
Several harmonicas
Kenucky Mandolin
Crestwood Resonator
Dean Playmate Acoustic Bass
Jasmine By Takamine S35
tjhey are pretty good entry level guitars, but do you find it has a sparkly top end and a particularly clear sound? that wasn't the impression i had of it the jasmines i've played, but i haven't played that many...

Quote by ajhayes
Jasmine by Takamine S35.

Cheap as can be and a fairly decent guitar. (around 100-120 USD)
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!