Hey guys, so my deville's tubes have been in for like 2 years and they just sounded so shitty i couldn't get it any louder than like 2 and it was dull and fuzzy. Idk anything about tubes but i took them out and plan on putting new ones in. Can someone send me a link for new deville tubes that would sound great and step by step directions I've never done this before. Thanks!
Realize that when you say "tubes that would sound great", my interpretation of sounds great might be totally different than yours. Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you play and the sound/tone you're looking to accomplish by replacing the tubes. Are you looking to replace only the power tubes, or the preamp tubes, too? Remember that preamp tubes can last years longer than power tubes.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Nov 6, 2011,
i have no idea guys i know a ton bout guitars but not tube amps or how to tube them i couldn't tell the dif between pre or power. what i would like is a powerful sound like wolf mother,led Zeppelin, and nirvana. but can play wide sounds like u2 and such.
The most likely ones that need changing with those symptoms are the power tubes. JJ power tubes are the best bang for buck by a country mile.
Buy a few preamp tubes as well (you should have spares anyway) and try changing preamp tubes one at a time to test if any of those are dodgey as well. For what you are playing I'd go for JJ ECC83S but you may want to grab a couple of other different ones as well (avoid Sovtek) and just experiment until you like the sound.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by superquin
Hey guys, so my deville's tubes have been in for like 2 years and they just sounded so shitty i couldn't get it any louder than like 2 and it was dull and fuzzy. Idk anything about tubes but i took them out and plan on putting new ones in. Can someone send me a link for new deville tubes that would sound great and step by step directions I've never done this before. Thanks!

ok, well with no idea on what you like, or the genres you play this is what i'll recommend.

after asking lots of people, and much decision making, i've bought these tubes.

jj 6l6gc power amp tubes
jan 5751 tube in v1
a gold pin tung sol ecc803-S
and a jj ecc83-2 gold pin for the phase inverter (v3)

all in all now, the amps pretty good. clean channel isn't harsh at all anymore, and has really sweet cleans, with nice balanced lows, and somewhat glassy highs, the drive channel is also much more usable.
X2 for Eurotubes. I bought the JJ 6V6 retube kit for my HRDx III and it made a huge difference in the tone of my amp. It's pretty easy to install and bias too. They have a video on their website.