Well, as you can see listed in my sig is my gear, and in the sig i have my schecter c-1 (tone pros bridge) left-handed.

I've had this guitar for 2 years now and my overall playing skill has increased dramatically and my style of playing has changed even more.

Since, im getting into less of the 80's metal its really easy for me to play, before i was struggling. Now i'm getting into more of actual guitarist, eg, satch, vai,friedman etc.. stuff like that....don't there's nothing wrong with 80's thrash, but for my guitar playing im starting to dissect more of the other style of music and seeing what they did.

but the problem, i don't think the hellraiser is suited for that type of playing (EMG's-the 81tw and 89 aren't that great anyway) tone pros bridge etc...

What do you think is the more suited for me the hellraiser or an ibanez Saber series 420L they just cam e out with? i've been doing a lot of research ,but i think the ibanez would be better because of my change in playing, plus i can swap out the shitty INF humbuckers.

Sorry if i made everyone read this ENTIRE post, you don't have to it's just background info.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
If you want something similar to the Hellraiser I might look into an LTD MH-1000FR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
left handed model? that's the downside i can't choose any guitar. besides i've been looking at an S model in a guitar shop even though its righty i can still play a couple things and the body, is just christly smooth and thin
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Do you know what kind of trem it has? I wouldn't get one unless it had either a ZR or an Edge.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The S series has a ZR bridge, good stuff. I recently picked up an S520, awesome axe for the fact that it was so cheap. And yeah I've bought some new pickups to put in it - although to be honest the INFs that are in it are probably some of the best stock Ibby pickups I've used. That's good cause that way you can use it for a while before eventually swapping them out if you decide to. So yeah it definitely comes highly recommended from me.

But I'm not sure I'm following your 2 choices thing? Are you asking if you should sell your Hellraiser to buy the S?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
^I only say that because older Ibanez 4xx and unders had the utterly shit Lo TRS.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
yeah thats kinda what im getting at. and yeah i read reviews i heard the ZR bridge does kick some ass.

well i figured out that the pickups in my guitar are 119 each, so if ibanez put actual costly brand name pickups in them (not the generic INF) the cost of the guitar would be about 750 instead of what it is now, so i have to make sure im losing build quality either,
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Yeah Ibanez tend to lower the prices of their guitars by using cheap, in-house pickups. But like I said, the INFs are not too bad. Could definitely do better, but you can do way worse too. And the S series are really well built guitars on whole (especially within your budget anyway).
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Yeah so, im not ACTUALLY losing quality, just the pickups but not actual wood/craftmanship is what im getting at.

i heard the feel/play very well too
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
They're quite different from your Schecter in terms of neck, just fyi. They're considerably thinner.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
oh i know that, hahaha I've played the right handed ones, and i absolutely love the neck profile, i wouldn't have any trouble getting one.

So you guys would think the S420 over the hellraiser?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator