About 6 months ago, I came down with a nasty cold and could barely talk for days. When the cold was over, I lost a substantial amount of my vocal range. I can whisper the notes, but if I actually try to sing them, my voice comes to a total halt, not even a squeak. I dunno if the cold was the cause, but the timing of it sure seemed like it.

Now, I thought this would heal within a few weeks and I'd be able to sing again. It's been 6 half a year, and my voice has yet to return. I've been reduced to a puny 2 octave range and struggle to sing the simplest of music. In my head, I know the notes I can sing, and I could always sing them before, they just don't come out anymore.

TL;DR: I've seemingly "lost" most of my vocal range to a nasty cold I had 6 months ago. Are there any exercises I can do to get my voice back to its normal condition?
Not sure about exercises, but try eating spoonfuls of honey. Seriously. Take a few, do exercises and rest.
Skip the honey and go see a doctor. Sure, an illness will affect your voice, but for six months? No. There's something else going on.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Skip the honey and go see a doctor. Sure, an illness will affect your voice, but for six months? No. There's something else going on.

CT

Alright thanks, I actually have a scheduled appointment next week, I will report back if I remember to do so.