Hey Pit,
I've got two years left of school here in Arizona before I move to Toronto/Toronto area. I'm a theater/film major and Toronto has caught my eye and it would be nice to be back in my home country (especially considering how "well" America is doing right now...). Although I am from Montreal, Toronto seems to have more opportunities for my career. Any people here from Toronto or been to it that can recommend an area that would be somewhat cheap to rent an apartment? I kinda looked around online but since I'm not close to the area, I can't go check them out.

Any help?
Toronto has more Chinese people so all the more reason to move.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

One less dick headed liberal arts major in America.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Uhh... My parents are always complaining about the apartment prices in Toronto but it's really you get what you pay for. Maybe you could look into getting a job at the Famous People Players.
I lived in Toronto for 2 years. Starting out you probably will only be able to afford a place in Scarborough unless you go to other parts of the GTA (Mississauga, Milton, Oakville, Brampton etc.) You might want to find some people to room with.

I was paying $750/month for some hell-hole in the ghetto.

Not to dampen your spirits, but Toronto is not the cheapest place to live.
i have no idea what youre talking aboot.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Weaponxclaws
Any people here from Toronto or been to it that can recommend an area that would be somewhat cheap to rent an apartment? I kinda looked around online but since I'm not close to the area, I can't go check them out.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Any people here from Toronto or been to it that can recommend an area that would be somewhat cheap to rent an apartment?

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Any people here from Toronto or been to it that can recommend an area that would be somewhat cheap to rent an apartment?

Quote by Weaponxclaws

Other than that, the people here are pretentious, selfish assholes.
MATTERHORN
I live in Toronto and go to Ryerson.
There are a lot of Chinese people. Then again, there are a lot of other people from around the world.
There is the St. Jamestown area which is where most of the Tamil and Muslim immigrants go. They make up most of the area's population. St. Jamestown, Regent Park, and Jane & Finch are the worst parts of the city.
Look on craigslist and you'll find a bunch of places.
You'll like it here.
Also, if you go to the corner of Younge and Dundas, there is an old religious guy that shouts out "Jesus!" He can really scare people.
Quote by son_of_bodom
One less dick headed liberal arts major in America.

says the psychology major.
Last edited by killboypowerhed at Nov 6, 2011,
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Also, if you go to the corner of Younge and Dundas, there is an old religious guy that shouts out "Jesus!" He can really scare people.

Holy crap, I forgot about that guy . When I first moved there he came up behind me outside the Eaton Centre and yelled: "Jesus is our saviour! PRAISE HIM". It was right in my ear and it made me jump.

Don't forget about Zanta.
Quote by sabbath1313

I haven't seen Zanta for a couple of years.

Also: Yonge and Dundas/Yonge and Dundas Square is for noobs. That HMV's gone to shit, too.
MATTERHORN
Quote by sabbath1313
Holy crap, I forgot about that guy . When I first moved there he came up behind me outside the Eaton Centre and yelled: "Jesus is our saviour! PRAISE HIM". It was right in my ear and it made me jump.

Zanta is hilarious! I once saw him outside the Reverb giving underage girls beer in exchange of filming him. I also saw him on an episode of Kenny vs. Spenny and he did push ups the entire time.

For those of you who don't know Zanta, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Zancai
Quote by killboypowerhed
says the psychology major.

Touche'

Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by sabbath1313

Don't forget "BELIEVE IN THE LORD!!!".

But yeah, basically your paying pretty high rates to be anywhere near downtown here. I'd honestly recommend trying to stay on the outskirts and transit to work downtown if money is a major issue. I lived in Etobicoke while going to college and although the location is balls I was paying a hell of a lot less for a much nicer place then I am now.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Two weeks and you'll be speaking chinese.

Good luck man, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Toronto, I've spent time there alot, I have to say it's a squarehead's paradise. But I don't blame you, because there aren't many opportunities anywhere else.
I lived in Waterloo, an hours drive south of Toronto. The only times I visit Toronto is when I go to the amusement park there.

Toronto will eat you alive if you're not careful.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Extra Ordinary

lol i totally saw that guy this weekend! xD
I live near Ossington station and I pay $800/mo for my basement apt... it's a pretty decent sized place though, and with utilities.

If you don't mind rooming with other people, you can get a fairly reasonable room on Spadina/near Chinatown in the 500-600 range. I'd advise looking for something near the subway line further west though (Keele/High Park is a nice area, and relatively clean). ViewIt.ca is your friend.
Quote by sabbath1313
(Mississauga, Milton, Oakville, Brampton etc.) Y

Why are you including Oakville with hellholes? Come on bro.