Page 1 of 2
Title sums it up. What bands or music do you listen to while doing homework or any other type of work?

Listening to "parkway drive" while I do my math homework, what about you pit?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I can't do homework to music with [English] lyrics, therefore I usually only listen to instrumental music while studying.
MATTERHORN
Meshuggah or Panzerballett always seem to be best for my math and chem homework. I don't really listen to music while doing any other homework.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
Explosions In The Sky, kept me calm.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Mostly God is an Astronaut, GY!BE, The Mars Volta, At the Drive In, Periphery, Protest the Hero and Porcupine Tree. There are some others but these are the ones I've been listening to most recently.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Rap, Reggae, mostly just chill/not heavy stuff.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Mathcore when I do English.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
i don't do homework.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I listen to a lot of jazz, and occasionally Dream Theater. More of the instrumental stuff though.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Even before I dropped out of high school I didn't do homework. I quit actively doing it in like middle school, i'd just copy it in the mornings. Then in high school I quit it all together almost.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Even before I dropped out of high school I didn't do homework. I quit actively doing it in like middle school, i'd just copy it in the mornings. Then in high school I quit it all together almost.

Well what are you doing now? relevant to my interests.
metalcore or death/trash metal. since it is fast, i work faster for some reason. it also makes me want to punch my teachers for giving the homework in the first place.
Usually post-rock and other instrumental stuff because I have a tough time not following the lyrics in songs that have singing.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by theogonia777
i don't do homework.

Same but when I do, I'm listening to strokes or something on pandora... or listening to mixes on indierockcafe.com
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."
-C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt

My Tumblr. I always follow back.
I usually listen to Pandora so I don't have to deal with changing songs or anything. If I'm doing homework that doesn't really take any conceptual thinking I can really listen to anything, but usually go with my Daniel Johnston station, Woody Guthrie station, or Irish station, but when it's something that takes serious concentration to understand I listen to my ragtime station
Anything. Usually whatever I have a boner for at the time. I remember I did my last research paper with Coheed & Cambria as the soundtrack.
i think classical music really is the best. Or any type of instrumental music that isnt too "urgent' . For reading, studying, taking notes, etc at least.

for more "going through the motions" ttype of homework, like math (even thoug i fail math every year... im chinese too ! can you believe it?) or just copying down stuff, menial tyype of work , i can listen to anything.
Usually heavier stuff with lyrics that aren't really singable if that makes sense.
Protest The Hero
BTBAM
System of a Down
Killswitch Engage
August Burns Red
Periphery
Mastodon
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I never did homework in High School, but I did still listen to music...
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Classical music or Sigur Ros.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't know why, but dragonforce always seems to go well with advanced differential equations
sigh...
Quote by son_of_bodom
Listening to "parkway drive" while I do my math homework, what about you pit?
I've lost all respect for you...

Some decent Thrash or Prog Metal does the trick for me.
In college I remember studying to Isis, specifically In The Absence of Truth and Oceanic. Post-rock/metal seems perfect for extended periods of concentration.
The Spaceshits
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i don't listen to music. I find that music usually demands my full attention and it just acts as a distraction when doing work
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Anything, but only if I have listened to it before. New music distracts me.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
I only do photography at the moment, so i can listen to anything, which at the moment mainly consists of La Dispute, Defeater, Deafheaven and Man Overboard.

although when i did other subjects i listened to Sigur Ros, Radiohead (electronic stuff), Crystal Castles, Squarepusher. just anything softer really.
www.last.fm/user/hetfieldjr (its really old)

top 5 bands:
Every Time I Die
Parkway Drive
La Dispute
Mastodon
Brand New

Quote by smb
I listen to everything from stoner to doom.

Quote by Duffman123
Even sludge?
Page 1 of 2