So yeah Beck wrote the songs for the fictional band Sex Bob-Omb from the movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World... does anyone prefer this sound then his usual songs?
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."
-C.D. Payne, Youth in Revolt

My Tumblr. I always follow back.
I like beck, he has great lyrics but I was introduced to him through Sex Bob-omb.
"I have found that people who can successfully resist temptation invariably lead depressingly stunted lives."

Hmn, that's actually a good question. I love Beck as just himself, but I think Sex Bob-Omb brought out a really cool side of Beck that he had never really shown. The garage, indie rocker inside of me likes Sex Bob-Omb more than the usual Beck, but the song-writer/composer in me prefers average Beck. Either way, Scott Pilgrim is an awesome movie and Sex Bob-Omb is arguably one of the best fictional bands to pseudo exist.
He doesn't perform them though right?

I like the Sex Bob-Omb stuff alot.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by CaptinK'nuckles
Hmn, that's actually a good question. I love Beck as just himself, but I think Sex Bob-Omb brought out a really cool side of Beck that he had never really shown. The garage, indie rocker inside of me likes Sex Bob-Omb more than the usual Beck, but the song-writer/composer in me prefers average Beck. Either way, Scott Pilgrim is an awesome movie and Sex Bob-Omb is arguably one of the best fictional bands to pseudo exist.

This explains how I feel perfectly, thank you haha.

And yeah I don't think it is beck singing on the Sex Bob-omb songs but on the soundtrack there are versions of him singing them (they aren't as good though I think).

me and my band do a medley of garbage truck going into thresholh

osm stuff man
We did the whole "I'm So Sad, so Very, Very, Sad" bit and the real "We Hate You, Please Die" routine at an Internet Cafe where the crowd really ate it up. One of the employees payed "strait" man and did the heckling part. Then we played Garbage Truck.

Anyway, IMHO, CaptinK'nuckles captured it perfectly.