42 15%
I'm not a cynic and I hate cynicism
37 13%
Other
25 9%
Voters: 285.
Page 1 of 4
There's gonna be a poll.

Simply put: Are you a cynic? And if so, do you embrace your cynical attitude? Or are your more of the persuasion that you should try not to be so cynical?

I've noticed I've been becoming more and more cynical lately, but I sort of try to fight it. I don't think it's healthy. I try never to be an asshole, though, which goes along with a lot of cynics, sometimes.
Last edited by The Madcap at Nov 7, 2011,
A lot of young people try to act cynical for it's own sake. That's dumb. I'm cynical regarding things that merit it. On other things I'm full of child-like wonder.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm pretty stoked for Cynic's new EP that comes out next week.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'm cynical of people if I get to know them and learn what they're like. I'm usually pretty accurate with my cynical assumptions of them once I know them though.

Also I'm an optimist.

EDIT: FUuuuuuu- I meant to click other on the poll. I'm sorry for ruining your perfect stats Madcap
I've always considered myself more of a skeptic when it comes to people than a cynic.

However, I do question the motives of all people and don't trust a single one of them...so most would consider me a cynic.
I can be cynical, but usually about things like unproven theories or people who fail to understand basic supply-demand principles or anything else that seems rather obvious. I don't enjoy dealing with "And this will ruin the world..." Because if whatever is going to ruin the world, then we've been screwed for a long time anyway.

So, yes...in a certain sense, I am a very cynical asshole. In another sense, I try not to mope around acting like a cynical asshole. I don't think my friends would enjoy me if I always was pontificating on what largely amounts to nonsense at the end of the day.

Quote by StewieSwan
Hopefully they don't ruin it like half the older Metal bands, trying to be all "with the times & shit"...
After all, if I wanted some shitty sounding -core influenced toons, I've tons of options to choose from, right?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 7, 2011,
I'm a cynic but i'm positive and optimistic regardless of my cynicism.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Usually when I'm cynical I have a reason to be.
But I suppose I lean a bit towards the cynical side in general. Especially recently.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Hopefully they don't ruin it like half the older Metal bands, trying to be all "with the times & shit"...
After all, if I wanted some shitty sounding -core influenced toons, I've tons of options to choose from, right?

Well they've put 2 songs from it online so far, and it's not even metal at all anymore. It's just super chill atmospheric stuff now.
I'm a realist, not a cynic
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Everything just sounds like ****ing shit.. I cant do anything about it..
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by namesroverrated
I'm a realist, not a cynic

Word for word what I came in to say. If I have a good reason to think shit's gonna be bad I'll say it (unless it would be insensitive to). If I have a good reason to think things are gonna go great, then I'll embrace that too.
I'm extremely cynical towards entertainment. People call me an asshole, but it's usually because I call something shit that they really like and usually can't argue back.
im a realist...and a skeptic...and a cynist...

yes, all three. it doesnt make sense but i am, i can do all three at once too.
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by StewieSwan

You haven't heard it already? It leaked, so I've already heard the whole album. It's good, a clear departure from their debut in '93, but still good. You can tell Paul and Sean have started to take it in a new direction that was always hinted at in Cynic's themes of tribal, South American shamanic, spirituality. The album isn't a collection of songs, but rather and album where are the songs are connected, and not in a literal way, but in a less obvious way. There is virtually no growling and little vocoder effects creating a much more raw vocal track from Paul. If it can be defined as anything other than Progressive Metal, than Shamanic Metal would be a good pseudo-genre for it. Sean Malone's bass work is great as always too. I'm glad he was willing to help out for the album.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'm just a gosh-darned sad panda.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I try to be positive most of the time, but I can be really cynical too.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by jwizzle5786
I'm extremely cynical towards entertainment. People call me an asshole, but it's usually because I call something shit that they really like and usually can't argue back.

that doesn't make you right, it just makes them stupid.

i'm often very cynical but try not to put too much store in it without sufficient evidence to justify it. i would consider myself more of a skeptic than a cynic if anything
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by jetfuel495
Leaked a while back. It's nice.

I prefer to pay bands for their service.
Quote by StewieSwan
I prefer to pay bands for their service.

You can still do that whether you've downloaded it or not.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Nope. Not a fan of bullshit, but I'm no cynic.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
The smarter you are the more cynical you are.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by Waterboy799
that doesn't make you right, it just makes them stupid.

i'm often very cynical but try not to put too much store in it without sufficient evidence to justify it. i would consider myself more of a skeptic than a cynic if anything

I know, it just doesn't make me an asshole. What people don't understand is that it's just an opinion, and that doesn't make it true. I'll say I don't like something, explain why, and then I'll be attacked for having a "shit opinion".

lol people
Quote by The_Sophist

Bullshit.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by The_Sophist

Can be true, but not necessarily.
Quote by The_Sophist
The smarter you think you are the more cynical you are.

Fixed
I am to an extent. I'm usually a pretty optimistic person, but I have moods where almost everything I say is a negative witticism. It makes people both laugh, and think I'm a buzzkill.
Page 1 of 4