Right now the best I have in the way of earphones/headphones is the Apple earphones, which aren't great, but aren't atrocious. They've lasted me a good year or so, but now they're starting to buzz. And they've never fit in my ear, either, so I always had to put them back in my ear after they fell out every thirty seconds or so.

So I'm thinking of getting headphones or some clip-on thing. Does anyone know of any good portable headphones that cost under $100? I'll be taking these to school every day, which is why I'd like them to be compact/portable. Also, if possible, I also like minimal sound bleeding, because people tend to comment on my music being too loud. xD (probably my fault, not the earphones...)
By portable, do you mean earbuds? I have Sony MDR V-6s, which are great, but they're big ol studio headphones. 60 bucks.

For earbuds, Skullcandy has some pretty fun little in-ear models, you can always go to Best Buy and get a $20 pair of Philips or Sony earbuds that should last a while. I tend to **** up headphones fast, so for ones that leave my room I usually go pretty cheap.
Klipsch Image S4i (earbuds, I think that's the model I have) are pretty great, you have volume control and can pause/play.

For basic and cheap stuff, Skullcandy 2XLs are good.
Last edited by Polar13 at Nov 7, 2011,
+1 Klipsch S4 series ear buds around $70 and better than most any other in ears you can buy 2-3x their price.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Another +1 on the Klipsch S4...best earbuds I've tried so far + they are really comfortable as well.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Eh.. I'm not so big on the in-ears, my ears seem to generate earwax pretty quickly. I'm looking more for those like collapsible headphones or something like that.
Sennheiser HD280 Pro.

Best damn thing I've ever done to my ears.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
Meelectronics m6 - I paid 40, but I think the price has gone down. They're amazing. They've also got a more upscale set that I can't remember the name of for around 70.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Apples on Cacti
Also, if possible, I also like minimal sound bleeding, because people tend to comment on my music being too loud. xD (probably my fault, not the earphones...)

Yeah you should have your ears checked if people can hear it before you can. LOL!

If you want minimal emanating sound to others over ear headphones are probably not the way to go. Tight fitting in ears would.
Quote by Sputnik1
Yeah you should have your ears checked if people can hear it before you can. LOL!

If you want minimal emanating sound to others over ear headphones are probably not the way to go. Tight fitting in ears would.

xD yeah, I like my music loud and immersive. Unfortunately, the people around me don't.

But in ears sound like the best option now. Right now I'm looking between these two:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/yamaha-eph-30-inner/4505-7877_7-33958440.html?tag=rb_content;contentBody

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/koss-portapro-headphones/4505-7877_7-32897197.html?tag=contentBody;img32897197

I like the headphones better, but I suppose the inears would be better for keeping the music to myself.