This is probably a very stupid question but I would really appreciate the advice.

I'm considering getting a UX2, i figured it would be great for recording guitar and vocals, as there are loads of digital amps and effects to work with, as well as phantom power. But I'm keeping myself from buying it because I'm thinking that I'd like to record my actual amp, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but how well would it work for that? I was thinking I could just plug my Shure SM57 in and just record the amp that way, but I didn't wanna assume and run into any problems.

Thanks in advance!
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I have a GX (the cheapest one) and I find it works really good. It converts the guitar input into digital too, with as good a quality as you would want. I would imagine you could hook an actual amp up to it as well, if you had a cord to plug from the amp to into the guitar jack of your UX2.

Good tones as well, but they make you pay more money to use quite a bit of the equipment it simulates.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
If the amp has a direct out, or a preamp out, running the POD after that and only simulating what you're missing (power amp, speakers) should be a viable method for recording.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Thanks for the input.

So if I'm wanting to mic a guitar amp and record vocals should I find a different interface? I want to know if just micing an amp with the UX2 will work well.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
It should work well I think. You could probably get something better for micing up a guitar amp, but I wouldn't really know anything about that.

The UX2 should be decent for recording vocals as well; I've never hooked a mic up to my GX before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work well.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Thank you again for the input
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
I have used the UX2 in a band setup for recording scraps with a microphone and it worked well.