Nice! The playing is nice and tight, and I always enjoy some good death metal! Really the only thing I can critique is the drums. I'd say they need to be a little louder in the mix, especially the kick. Other than that, great stuff man!
Quote by bboren
Nice! The playing is nice and tight, and I always enjoy some good death metal! Really the only thing I can critique is the drums. I'd say they need to be a little louder in the mix, especially the kick. Other than that, great stuff man!

Thanks, glad you enjoy it! Drums are tough for me :\
The cymbal samples you used for a lot of the drum track sound like reverse cymbals. It doesn't sound very good. And the drums do need to be lounder, but the kick does not. Everyone boosts the shit out of their kick drums these days to the point where you can't tell the difference between kick and snare, and that doesn't sound good. So don't do that. But the song itself sounds fine, and I like it in general.

If C4C pleases you, check out the link in my sig.
I'm going to crit while I listen to it. Great build in the beginning, although not sure if its my speakers (they suck) sounds kinds flat? or maybe the guitar tone is just super fat. Great transitions between riffs, has a good flow. Sounds like the drums should be a bit louder, can't make the our the kick very well but again, might be the speakers. The leads are pretty sweet, kinda classic death metal, all the riffs are super tight as well. Drums were put together really great though, not sure how you went about writing but wow, good stuff! and great sweeps!
Last edited by BigBagBill at Nov 9, 2011,
Quote by BigBagBill
I'm going to crit while I listen to it. Great build in the end, although not sure if its my speakers (they suck) sounds kinds flat? or maybe the guitar tone is just super fat. Great transitions between riffs, has a good flow. Sounds like the drums should be a bit louder, can't make the our the kick very well but again, might be the speakers. The leads are pretty sweet, kinda classic death metal, all the riffs are super tight as well. Drums were put together really great though, not sure how you went about writing but wow, good stuff! and great sweeps!

I honestly couldn't tell ya if it's flat or not, I have crap sounding headphones and no speakers. I have the drums low because any higher and they'll sound like crap ( I'm not a good mixer/drum programmer). Thanks for listening man glad you enjoyed the riffing and those leads \m/
Listened to amygdala... nice name lol.

That guitar riff at the intro is awesome, it mixes perfectly with the drums...
And then it starts like a fight... really pounding heads... Man, it has great parts..
Have you considered adding vocals?
REally nice dude.

------------------------------
If you think that I made a good review of your work, would you be so kind of checking out my work?
This is my website: www.manhattanrock.com.ar
And this is my work, that if you can, please leave a message at the youtube video, so that it starts to move around... If you like it, please, rep it up and subscribe! I will do that back!
http://youtu.be/QsZvk8PrHOI

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Your riffs are good, and the song is decent.

The drums sound veeery fake, and the whole mix is very flat and "triggered-sounding". Drum mixing is definitely the hardest thing to learn.
Guitars sound OK. I think it would suit the track with some more high-gain amp with a little scooped mids. Have it old-school.

Once you get around to record it with a more suitable tone, and more thought out drums, slap some bass on it! :> Keep it up!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by touke
I've heard Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, and I think it's awesome. Anything else for me to check out??

Oh thanks buddy!
http://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thorkildsen/original-metalcore-song-1
Year old song, but it is a metal song.