A friend of mine told me it's pretty good, I'm thinking about buying it. Opinions?
In my opinion, you should go to a shop, try it, then form your own opinion.

Asking this question will only tell you whether other people like it or not.

You need to decide if YOU like it, and to do that you'll need to try it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The big problem is the "up-down" switching... If you use more than two different sounds it gets all messed up live... for example "I'm gonna use that tone, it's 3 steps up" when you have a 16th note of time to do it, it's almost impossible
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
It's a good unit. I have one. If you were in the Orlando area I'd sell it to you for $60 as I upgraded to an RP1000. So now you have a used price.

The drawback is the lack of switches and of course no expression pedal. It has the same tones as it's big brothers, but a reduced number of the available stomps and amp models. It's state of the art tonewise. I know people don't like to believe a $100 pedal can produce tones as good as a $400 pedal, but that the way the RP x55/500/1000 line is. The same sounds just different feature count.
Quote by fly135
It's a good unit. I have one. If you were in the Orlando area I'd sell it to you for $60 as I upgraded to an RP1000. So now you have a used price.

The drawback is the lack of switches and of course no expression pedal. It has the same tones as it's big brothers, but a reduced number of the available stomps and amp models. It's state of the art tonewise. I know people don't like to believe a $100 pedal can produce tones as good as a $400 pedal, but that the way the RP x55/500/1000 line is. The same sounds just different feature count.

Thanks, just the kind of opinion I was looking for. I'll go and buy it, the option to plug it into my PC and hear it on it's speakers sounds great in terms of playing alogn with songs.
actually if you dont want an expression pedal nor the bunch of switches like on RP500 or 1000 or even RP355's stomp mode then go for it you won't regret it! I've been using RPs for quite a long while (RP250 and then 355 when they released that new generation, until now )never had issues with those
You know, my room mate of a few years has one (250 tho), running into an MG. I know my tone isn't anything to write home about, but his was horrid.

That may have just been the obscene amount of gain and complete lack of mids though. Whatever, I guess I will never understand the Marshall tone.
Most likely a matter of him not knowing what he was doing. You really need to discover some hidden truths when using a multifx. Just slapping one in front of a guitar amp and selecting a preset is a recipe for horrible tone.
And the fact that he was running it into an mg.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
You know, my room mate of a few years has one (250 tho), running into an MG. I know my tone isn't anything to write home about, but his was horrid.

That may have just been the obscene amount of gain and complete lack of mids though. Whatever, I guess I will never understand the Marshall tone.

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I have the 500 and the 50. The 50 is great for practice, the 500 for EVERYTHING else. Running it into a crap amp is a recipe for crap. My 500 sounds great running it into a PA, which is what I prefer since I have good mixer/PA gear & crappy amps/head.
IMO, your experience will depends entirely on what you're expecting of it, and what you need it for.

So, what do you plan to use it for?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Statesboro
60s fuzz, twang, tremolo, maybe some reverb. Stuff like that.

The rp can do all of that stuff very well.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food