http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/07/8640744-victims-speak-out-about-north-carolina-sterilization-program-which-targeted-women-young-girls-and-blacks

basically the state of north carolina used to have a eugenics program in which they sterilized poor/sick/not well off/alcoholic people so they would have less of these people. all i can say is wtf. i never knew a program like this existed at one point (i think they stopped it though). your thoughts?
Last edited by ironman1478 at Nov 7, 2011,
Yes, the US Eugenics program is a hideous part of history not taught to us here in the States. It's pretty bad that we can't even own up to it.
“It’s an ugly chapter in North Carolina’s book, we have a wonderful book, but there’s an ugly chapter,” Womble said.

Yeah I wouldn't say that. This is like one chapter of an entire Twilight series' worth of backwardness and dumbassery.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by NemX162
Yes, the US Eugenics program is a hideous part of history not taught to us here in the States. It's pretty bad that we can't even own up to it.

This.

I just found out about it this year when talking about sterilization in my Human Sexuality class. They also did it to non-white races, a lot. I actually know people who have had it happen to family members.
Its really quite scary how are past is so glorified, yet its really REALLY ugly and despicable.
I took a class in college called re thinking the holocaust, check out the history of californias forced sterilization and eugenics practices if you really wanna see some fu#@$d up s&%t.
It's awful. Both my parents were forcefully sterilised. That was quite a long time before I was born, mind you
Quote by nigeltheginger
It's awful. Both my parents were forcefully sterilised. That was quite a long time before I was born, mind you

I...uh...What?
Quote by Oujou
I...uh...What?

mmm, the injustice of his story has rendered you incoherent.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
mmm, the implausibility of his story has rendered you impotent.

Fixed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It was so recent too. My sociology professor said that during the Nazi war trials, they said that we were part of their inspiration. This country is so bigoted.

Posted by Smokey Amp

OMFGZ!!!1!! PUNK_DUDE2005 IS LIKE, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND! HE'S LIKE THE FIRST THING ON MY MINd WHEN I WAKE UP AND THE LAST THING ON MY MIND BEFORE I SLEEP. SOMETIMES I THINK ABOUT HIM IN MY "PRIVATE REFLECTION TIME"..UH HUM..
Hopefully the state will go through with compensating and helping the victims in what way they can.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
yeah if they ****ed up my chances haveing children they better give me a shit ton of money
I'm Bored.

tumblr
<- follow me
Quote by CoreysMonster
America, truly the land of the brave and free.

Says the guy in Germany
Edit: Sorry, I misread your post.

Last edited by W4RP1G at Nov 7, 2011,
I agree and support this 100%, just saying
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by W4RP1G
You opened your mouth first, bro. You wanted to bash us for our history while ignoring your own. I'm not trying to start an argument about which country is better, I really don't care.

Huh? "His own" history is American history, due to him being, you know, American. Living in Germany does not turn a man into a German.
Quote by W4RP1G
You opened your mouth first, bro. You wanted to bash us for our history while ignoring your own. I'm not trying to start an argument about which country is better, I really don't care.

Wha- dude, I'm American. I just live here in Germany.

And for the record, Germans have been completely humbled by their horrible history and don't go around proclaiming to be the best country in the world. In fact, patriotism is seen as a very bad thing over here.

I also think that regardless of my nationality, anyone would see the irony in a country like US making (or at least used to make, when I was still there) their kids sing the national anthem every morning, which contains the line "Land of the free and home of the brave".

EDIT: V oh gandalf, you rascal.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 7, 2011,
That darn Eugene. Always up to something.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Ryan, some schools say the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning. Not sing the National Anthem.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Wha- dude, I'm American. I just live here in Germany.

And for the record, Germans have been completely humbled by their horrible history and don't go around proclaiming to be the best country in the world. In fact, patriotism is seen as a very bad thing over here.

I also think that regardless of my nationality, anyone would see the irony in a country like US making (or at least used to make, when I was still there) their kids sing the national anthem every morning, which contains the line "Land of the free and home of the brave".

Sorry, I thought you were a German. I'm sure you could at least see where I was coming from with my remark.

I do agree with what you're saying about the pledge of allegiance, and I know Germany is humbled by what happened. I hope the US someday will be the same way, but it's hard to imagine.
Quote by blake1221
Ryan, some schools say the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning. Not sing the National Anthem.

We did both back in elementary school

But then, that was in Texas, under the wonderful governing of dear ol' Dubya...
Quote by W4RP1G
Sorry, I thought you were a German. I'm sure you could at least see where I was coming from with my remark.

I do agree with what you're saying about the pledge of allegiance, and I know Germany is humbled by what happened. I hope the US someday will be the same way, but it's hard to imagine.

You don't have to say it. I haven't said the pledge since about 6/7th grade? I can be respectful, but still disagree with the US. I refuse to say it.

(and before i get bashed like coreysmonster, I am a US citizen in the UK)
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
What the hell? Every morning?

Weren't you in at least middle school by the time W. was in office?
I was in fifth grade during his first year, and I thought you were older than me.
Quote by blake1221

I was in fifth grade during his first year, and I thought you were older than me.

Each state is different. When I lived in NM, we said the pledge and the pledge to New Mexico. I'm like why does a state need a pledge?
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Quote by blake1221

I meant back when he was the Governor of Texas

And yes, every morning.
Patriotism used to a big thing here, just like Christianity. Fortunately, the days of blindly following your government because that's what you're supposed to do might be coming to an end. And this coming from a military veteran.
Quote by CoreysMonster
America, truly the land of the brave and free.

This.

****ing Americans.

lol jk
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF