Page 1 of 2
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Responding from a C4C, this is great. I'm a sucker for acoustic pieces with more than just strummed chords. The recording quality is immaculate, too. I groaned a bit at the "flip the fretting hand over so it's upside-down on the fretboard" bit, but it doesn't take away from the music, so why not.
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by Cavalcade
Responding from a C4C, this is great. I'm a sucker for acoustic pieces with more than just strummed chords. The recording quality is immaculate, too. I groaned a bit at the "flip the fretting hand over so it's upside-down on the fretboard" bit, but it doesn't take away from the music, so why not.

Thank you! Most people groan at that and I tried to avoid it but it was the only way I could conceivably pull of the delicate harmonics so high up. I kept muting them with my left hand by accident when I was trying to hammer the double stops. Alas. I promise it has a reason and isn't for show!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Benjami
Dayviewer
1,937 IQ
Thanks for the crit on my piece man
Immediatly when you started: i LOOOOVE this
Reminds me ALOT of Andy Mckee, playing style and phrasing.
Great recording quality and i was amazed all the way true, trully great playing and style you got there, love the composition as well.
Amazing job man hats off to ya!
kraftmacaroni
656 IQ
thanks for checking out my song.

this really blew me away. flawless quality, really great song. you deserve a lot more views than you have.
i feel like a lot of this would work really well with a singer. just something to think about.

subscribed as well
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Thanks for the comments guys!

I always wish I had more views but I can't seem to get em. Ah well.

I pretty much play this style to avoid having a singer/words. It's not really my thing. That being said, I'd consider working a fingerstyle piece with a singer, it could be a cool idea!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The Uncreator
Synchroneurobonding
686 IQ
Reminds me heavily of Antoine Dufour, which is a good thing. The sound is like someone said before, is immaculate.

No joking, I don't see anything wrong with this, its great the way it is. Why aren't you with CandyRat yet?
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
StacyLondon
21 IQ
It sounds like you may have accidentally caught the sound of someone peeing in the background
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
This is pretty bitchin'.

Thank you!

Quote by The Uncreator
Reminds me heavily of Antoine Dufour, which is a good thing. The sound is like someone said before, is immaculate.

No joking, I don't see anything wrong with this, its great the way it is. Why aren't you with CandyRat yet?

Yeah, I actually stole the tuning from Dufour so that might be part of it. I'm thinking about trying to study with him. He does give lessons.

THanks so much though. I wish I could play for them! I'm definitely not good enough though.

Quote by StacyLondon
It sounds like you may have accidentally caught the sound of someone peeing in the background

And hmm, I catch a lot of stuff. That's my dorm room. I don't remember if my roommate was in or not.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by EvictedFromEden
That was beautifully composed and sounded amazing.

Thank you very much!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
KevinFreund
UG Newbie
277 IQ
Good stuff man! You have a great sound here. Nice and rich, the playing is expertly done. I like the harmonics you got going throughout the song. Although you're a little heavy on the bass notes some times it hardly makes a difference. Look forward to hearing more stuff!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501211
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
r0derik1990
290 IQ
Hey man responding from a C4C. The minute it started I loved it.
Just really puts me at ease... Loved the harmonics and progressions.
Nice job!
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Thanks for all the comments guys, C4Cs on the way!

To Indy_Fire:
Pretty cool song! The guitar is a little too low in the mix in my opinion. Either that or it just doesn't cut quite well enough, it's pretty mellow. The set sounds good, I love that snap on the snare though the cymbals could use a bit of a low pass on them maybe, or some different miking because they sound a bit harsh to me. Playing all around is really good. Well done!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
TenInchClock
Custom User Title
1,065 IQ
Simply put, it's beautiful. I mean, to be able to play something in that style takes a pretty huge amount of skill as it is, so I would imagine writing it for yourself to be momumental. Can I just ask what tuning you're using?
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by TenInchClock
Simply put, it's beautiful. I mean, to be able to play something in that style takes a pretty huge amount of skill as it is, so I would imagine writing it for yourself to be momumental. Can I just ask what tuning you're using?

Thanks!

Of course, it's DAEG#AE. Straight 5ths on the bottom end.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
TenInchClock
Custom User Title
1,065 IQ
Thanks, man, definately going to be trying that one out in the near future like, I've been stuck in open C for too long
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by thedefrockednun
Wow that was beautiful! Man, respect! That was one of the ebst things 've ever heard on UG!!! It reminded me of Antoine Dufour but better.

The melody sounded sweet and I'm jealous of your playing! A really awesome song!

Could you crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521949

Hey thanks! Dufour blows me out of the water but I appreciate the compliment. I'll crit yours momentarily! And you can definitely play like that if you want, I've been playing about 6 years and taught myself.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by aaron aardvark
Artemus,
Very nice playing & very good song! Good audio quality. Interesting to watch. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522714

Thank you! Will crit soon, I'm in class at the moment.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
epicold
81 IQ
thanks for the reply, and WOW..amazing sound and amazing playing. (can see why you would notice the lacking in my acoustic sound..i dont deny this lol) I really would love to own a decent acoustic these days, like i would love to get a Taylor or something., and be able record with a nice mic.

anyway, love the song melody and intenseness, love the fact that this is a live=one=taker. really puts in the soul of your playing.
Beautiful really.
You have an awesome style as far as method goes, which emphasizes the subtle intense moments in your song which i admire.

I play alot of metal, which is not my preferred forte, so i would have love to learn how to play like this, good job mate, you've inspired me again to pick up the acoustic seriously lol.
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by epicold
thanks for the reply, and WOW..amazing sound and amazing playing. (can see why you would notice the lacking in my acoustic sound..i dont deny this lol) I really would love to own a decent acoustic these days, like i would love to get a Taylor or something., and be able record with a nice mic.

anyway, love the song melody and intenseness, love the fact that this is a live=one=taker. really puts in the soul of your playing.
Beautiful really.
You have an awesome style as far as method goes, which emphasizes the subtle intense moments in your song which i admire.

I play alot of metal, which is not my preferred forte, so i would have love to learn how to play like this, good job mate, you've inspired me again to pick up the acoustic seriously lol.

Thanks a lot! To be honest those mics are only like 50 dollars a piece. It's all about how you use them. I'm sure no matter what your guitar is you could get a somewhat decent sound out of it by miking it up properly! That being said, I sure do love my Taylor though I generally don't like most of the guitars they produce.

Always glad to inspire people to play acoustic, I know i need it every now and then!

Thanks so much.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Jonathan Trejo
ZeBlaZeD
1,438 IQ
This reminds me of John Butler Trio's Song Oceans. Amazing guitar playing you got skills man. The harmonics in the beginning are great and caught my ear right away. It's that type of sound you stop and just listen. There wasn't a dull moment in this piece. I can't really say much of anything to be improved rather then adding instruments but it stands really well on its own just a solo acoustic. I invision a sunny day just relaxing when listening to this. Or kids riding bikes. I really enjoyed listening to this. Keep making music!

Crit 4 Crit!

Please check out my thread and leave some feedback on my demos

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528750

Thnx!
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
gurreu
erik mongrain style
265 IQ
Very very awesome indeed. I doesn't remind me of Andy Mckee because it's so much better than that
Keep it up!
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by gurreu
Very very awesome indeed. I doesn't remind me of Andy Mckee because it's so much better than that
Keep it up!

Thanks a lot! I've looked up to Andy so that means a lot.

Quote by Jonathan Trejo
This reminds me of John Butler Trio's Song Oceans. Amazing guitar playing you got skills man. The harmonics in the beginning are great and caught my ear right away. It's that type of sound you stop and just listen. There wasn't a dull moment in this piece. I can't really say much of anything to be improved rather then adding instruments but it stands really well on its own just a solo acoustic. I invision a sunny day just relaxing when listening to this. Or kids riding bikes. I really enjoyed listening to this. Keep making music!

Crit 4 Crit!

Please check out my thread and leave some feedback on my demos

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528750

Thnx!

I love Butler, he's a great musician. Thanks so much! I'll comment on yours in a sec.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
King Turi
1,517 IQ
Loved it. Perfect sound quality - sounded really clear, yet retained that "raw" feel.

You got any more?
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by King Turi
Loved it. Perfect sound quality - sounded really clear, yet retained that "raw" feel.

You got any more?

Thanks! I got a bunch more, check out my sig for the ones that are on youtube.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
MattsRichardson
Practiced Sarcasticist
785 IQ
Hey man I really appreciate the response on my thread.

But jesus, I dont even hold a candle to this ahh. I remember seeing this thread a good while back and just being so blown away. I love your use of harmonics towards the beginning. Not to mention the guitar itself just sounds absolutely beautiful. I could see something like this on Candy Rat [who judging by your sound I'm sure you're well aware of] for sure. Played this incredibly well. Cheers!
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by MattsRichardson
Hey man I really appreciate the response on my thread.

But jesus, I dont even hold a candle to this ahh. I remember seeing this thread a good while back and just being so blown away. I love your use of harmonics towards the beginning. Not to mention the guitar itself just sounds absolutely beautiful. I could see something like this on Candy Rat [who judging by your sound I'm sure you're well aware of] for sure. Played this incredibly well. Cheers!

Thanks so much! I really want to get on CandyRat. Hopefully people like yerself are helping! I'm think about sending them a demo soon.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
KevinFreund
UG Newbie
277 IQ
Hey man thanks for the crit, I actually listened to this already and was planning on leaving some feedback. Okay first off this is beautifully written, it a song you can really float away in. Go off in your own little world. I guess I would call it a nocturne. The guitar playing was really solid the sound is good. A little bright for me but that's a style thing I think. I can't really find anything bad to say about it really. Very professional sounding in both fields of recording and composition. Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by KevinFreund
Hey man thanks for the crit, I actually listened to this already and was planning on leaving some feedback. Okay first off this is beautifully written, it a song you can really float away in. Go off in your own little world. I guess I would call it a nocturne. The guitar playing was really solid the sound is good. A little bright for me but that's a style thing I think. I can't really find anything bad to say about it really. Very professional sounding in both fields of recording and composition. Great job!

A nocturne eh? I like that, I've always considered my other one, Saudade, a nocturne but I could see it on this one too. My Taylor certainly is a little on the bright end, I'm working on replacing her but don't tell her that
Thanks very much!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
aaron aardvark
4,896 IQ
Artemus,
Thank you for the review! I already reviewed the impressive "Duende", so looked for another original tune. Now listening to "Acoustic Test II": I hear "Roundabout" in there. This doesn't sound as polished as "Duende", though most of the playing is good and the melodies are good. I listened to some other tunes (such as "Acoustic Blues Improv", which has good melodies), though they didn't sound nearly as good as "Duende". Keep at it!
Artemis Entreri
Panned
5,250 IQ
Quote by aaron aardvark
Artemus,
Thank you for the review! I already reviewed the impressive "Duende", so looked for another original tune. Now listening to "Acoustic Test II": I hear "Roundabout" in there. This doesn't sound as polished as "Duende", though most of the playing is good and the melodies are good. I listened to some other tunes (such as "Acoustic Blues Improv", which has good melodies), though they didn't sound nearly as good as "Duende". Keep at it!

Those are actually my two oldest videos. Like, I had literally been playing a year when I uploaded those so that's probably why they're not as polished as Duende. I'd try for Saudade or Greenwood Station or Bristlecone if your'e looking for something on par with Duende. Thanks for the reviews though!

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
Jesus, nothing short of incredible. Great song writing, quality is great too. Playing is perfect, I have nothing bad to say about this. Nice job
DG_Griffin
Higher Calling
681 IQ
Returning C4C, this was an awesome track! I love the harmonics you had going on. The whole deal really reminds me of August Rush. (Great movie if you haven't seen it)