Here in England it starts getting dark around 4.30 pm and all Summer long I was looking forward to the cold weather. I am happy, mind, but I am sick of the darkness. It feels so depressing. Doesn't help that today was grey skies all day with raining... bah. Any of you other UK pitters with me?

It's also depressing because it means I have to go to sleep again to see the light... and it's crap.

as for everywhere else in the World, when does it start getting dark for you?
This will start a RIOT! in me
I don't mind it.
I love wet weather and cold nights, just put on a good playlist and relax [today I've been rocking this].
The earlier darkness is a bummer but it's no big deal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
thats how colorado is bro and since i get out of school at 4 winter sucks because i get no time at all.
I'm Bored.

tumblr
<- follow me
Ameribro here. I'd love it if it was cloudy all day and rained. I'm in such a better mood when it's like that.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
stupid thread is stupid.

Stupid post is stupid

Therefore stupid poster is stupid
Typical British folk. Constant moaning

I like the weather and the early darkness
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
haha butthurted are butthurted.

It get dark around the same time around here, I mean what the point of this thread really.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Nov 7, 2011,
I feel you It gets dark at about 3:30pm here in Finland.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
I have artificial lighting available at the flip of a switch, your complaints are invalid.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It gets dark here a little after 7:00 currently, I think.

It would suck if it got dark at 4:30 :| What time does the sun rise there?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Well I am glad that I am not the only one who doesn't like it

Quote by ShevanelFlip

It get dark around the same time around here, I mean what the point of this thread really.

What's the point in that post? if it's so pointless, stop posting in my thread... dayum.

And no, my butt does not hurt xD
Quote by eGraham

Well sometimes at about 3am, you see it start to get just a little light outside, but not much... at least from what I know of
Quote by eGraham

Right now its about 7:00am. But at the height of winter it doesn't rise until about 8:00am
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 7, 2011,
I'm Dutch and most people complain the summers are too hot, the winters are too cold, the autumns are too rainy and the spring is too full of shit they're allergic to I kind of like autumns, sitting inside with a warm cup of coffee and a book is so much better when it's raining outside
"Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these: it might have been."

Quote by guitarplayer$
I was in a band in grade 7 with a could of dudes named "dabo" and tyler. My name's steve so we actually went on stage as S.T.D.
Yeah I agree it can be depressing but I seem to usually have good times in winter.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by ShevanelFlip

It's the pit. You're not making any sense.

Besides, seasonal affective disorder is serious stuff.
REGGIE
Quote by Buurman
I'm Dutch and most people complain the summers are too hot, the winters are too cold, the autumns are too rainy and the spring is too full of shit they're allergic to I kind of like autumns, sitting inside with a warm cup of coffee and a book is so much better when it's raining outside

Sounds like England to the dot!

But it's so true that they are!

I like it dark at Christmas time, but not this early. Dark + snow though = bliss.
Quote by Paramore.
Sounds like England to the dot!

But it's so true that they are!

I like it dark at Christmas time, but not this early. Dark + snow though = bliss.

Actually this. When it's dark and frozen but the ground is bare, it's just kinda boring. When there's three feet of snow on the ground and hanging from the branches though, it just feels cozy to be inside and is beautiful to see when you go outside.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Paramore.
Here in England it starts getting dark around 4.30 pm and all Summer long I was looking forward to the cold weather. I am happy, mind, but I am sick of the darkness. It feels so depressing. Doesn't help that today was grey skies all day with raining... bah. Any of you other UK pitters with me?

It's also depressing because it means I have to go to sleep again to see the light... and it's crap.

as for everywhere else in the World, when does it start getting dark for you?

It's actually not too bad. I don't mind darkness... it's the September/October time that gets me down because it's all shitty weather (generally) with not much sun. Actual darkness is quite pretty and when it's freezing it reminds me of winter, snow and christmassy stuff.

The rain pisses me off so much though, especially because I cycle a lot.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Nigga please, in Iceland we have a few weeks of nothing but darkness.

Granted, we have a few weeks of nothing but sunshine as well, but hey, suck it up.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by andyscoot
Dosen't bother me at all.

this. Doesn't bother me at all. I slept in till 11am today and the light doesn't bother me
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I'm not too bothered about the dark, I think it makes everything feel more christmasey in a weird way. But I've noticed all the radio controlled clocks are going crazy, the ones in my house changed fine when they were all meant to go back but every now and then they'll go all the way round again and one clock at my work went backwards all the way round today. It's a bit creepy.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
The only time it was depressing was a few winters ago when I had physics class last lesson on a friday in college, which finished at 4.30, so for most of that lesson it was pitch black outside. Sat in a dimly lit room, doing constant pages of equations and math questions, while watching snowflakes drift under flickering streetlights outside the window...AT 4.30

Apart from that it's never really got to me.