Hi, I'm doing some recordings, I play mostly Hard Rock/Metal but i can't get a good recording tone, I use my fender stratocaster and a Boss me-50 and Logic on my Mac but I can't get a professional sounding Guitar tone, I heard about effects racks but I have no clue what ones are good! Please help thanks
The Boss ME-50 doesn't have amp/cab simulations. Make you that you run the recording through some kind of cabinet model.
Quote by Poisonouspot
I use my fender stratocaster

Not the most hard rock/metal guitar.

Go for a Les Paul, maybe guitars with some EMG's or Seymour Duncans
I don't think the guitar is the issue here...The lack of an amp is probably the issue. Essentially, you're just plugging your guitar into your computer and wondering why there isn't any umph to it? There's nothing really there to shape your tone. I would definitely look at some sort of amp simulation. Pretty sure that you could find a VST for that...
tbh your best off getting a audio interface and then use vst/AU's for amp simulation and cab impulses and see where you go from there.

if that doesnt satisfy, you can get a pre-amp and run that through an fx unit and then into the audio interface and then work with impulses in logic that way.

these are both ways of recording directly-assuming thats what your after.

otherwise stick with guitar->amp->mic->interface->logic. then effects.
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
so you would recommend guitar - preamp - boss - logic ?
what is a good preamp or is the Line 6 Pod UX2 good aswell?
Thanks for the help so far
Of course you're not going to get a professional sounding guitar tone when you're running into a $250 MFX. That's just common sense.

Do you have a budget?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You could look into one of the new Line 6 POD HDs. They have (IMO) the best amp modeling in a pedal around these days.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I hated my ME-50 with a passion. Just throwing that out there.

Stupid highschool kid buys horrible pedal and then sells it years later. Delay is fun though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I hated my ME-50 with a passion. Just throwing that out there.

what foot pedal (or equipment) do you use?
Quote by Poisonouspot
what foot pedal (or equipment) do you use?

i dunno what he uses, but when i am doing simple/limited track recording i use software modelers (garageband and logic's amp models and amplitube 3). i just plug directly into computer's sound card.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play1030167

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play733334

else i just use a presonus interface with an SM57 and i mic up a badass amp. this is my LPDC through my orange OR50H and PPC212 (with webers).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play846382
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae