These values are most hard to come by from OEMs I find. They are just said to be a "great fit" but will never quantify that. I have played several solid body electrics over the years but the Music Man stands out in my mind for one reason or another. At the time, I did not understand the geometries, just knew it "felt right" and noted the thicker or smaller neck radius, the smaller fretboard radius, and low action.

As I look to make some mods to my existing guitars, I am curious if there is any data out there regarding measurements of these values? Am I going to get stuck going to the music store with a caliper in hand?

Also, regarding frets, I find most newer guitars have taller, wider frets than my current line up. Is this the trend in electrics? I guess I need to take a closer look at my frets to see if they are worn out but I think they were, by design, thinner, smaller frets.
I wonder if there's a squarish neck. Like not a block or anything, bit a little more square than the standard round neck. I also wonder if this would make it possible to have even thinner necks.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
I wonder if there's a squarish neck. Like not a block or anything, bit a little more square than the standard round neck. I also wonder if this would make it possible to have even thinner necks.

possible? definitely. comfortable/ergonomic? i doubt it.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
One of my builds the afromoria one in my pictures has a trapezium neck. Some guitarists have found it very comfortable to play, whilst others took a while to come round....if you pardon the pun. will upload a picture when thre is another post. That will give me time to get a deceny picture for you.
Quote by ItsThatDude
possible? definitely. comfortable/ergonomic? i doubt it.

Idk if it'd be uncomfortable. Assuming you're holding it at a position that makes your fingers bend with it, and obviously the edges would be curved
I've built guitars with almost square necks, I find them pretty comfortable.

I doubt they'd be much good for ultrabrutal sweeping solo type bullshit but they're great for what I do.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
When I saw this neck I thought it was square

Like I thought it went flat where the two black lines where, was just a optical illusion though.
thick heavy squareish neck with tall but narrow frets is pretty much the way to go
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
sorry for the delay, but here are some pic's of my trapezium neck. the high gloss reflects a bit so may be difficult to see properly.......but hey I tried.