Hey guys

No this is not a "what string guage should I use" question. I have a show comming up the very begining of January and I have to play in a different tuning than normal. My guitar is set up with 13-65 guage and tuned to drop B and has been that way for a couple years. I need to put 10-48's on for the show and tune to standard..

So my question is, I know how to fully set up my guitar, but should I take the strings off and let it sit for a couple days then put the lighter strings on and adjust everything then or take the strings off and put the other strings on right away? Or how should I go about this...
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
In addition to changing the strings, which in my experience can be done by either replacing one at a time or all at once, you'll need to adjust the truss rod to correct the amount of tension needed by the lighter gauge, and adjust the intonation at the bridge to compensate for the tension change and raise in pitch so that your notes are accurate.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
@star0blaster well done sir, you answered exactly what he told you he already knew....read the damn post.

The wait time shouldn't be too much of a problem, just be careful as you bring back up to pitch for any bad sounding creaks, same applies to truss adjustments. You may a problem with the nut slots being too wide, but other than that switching them as you take others off, as long as you reset up, shouldn't be a problem.
Gear
-Shecter Omen 6 Extreme
-Yamaha JX20SC Acoustic
-Roland : Cube 80x
Wishlist
-Mbox recording hardware
-Fender Stratocaster (American Standard)
-Boss Overdrive pedal
Quote by moose1512
@star0blaster well done sir, you answered exactly what he told you he already knew....read the damn post.

The wait time shouldn't be too much of a problem, just be careful as you bring back up to pitch for any bad sounding creaks, same applies to truss adjustments. You may a problem with the nut slots being too wide, but other than that switching them as you take others off, as long as you reset up, shouldn't be a problem.

If he already knew it, he shouldn't have asked a redundant question, which he already knew the answer to.

As far as your answer, I actually answered that in my post, which I suggest you read. The damned post, that is.

I'll abridge it - see where I said you can do it one by one or all at once? That implies that it doesn't matter how long he waits, and even offered a separate optional method of doing what he asked how to do.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Yea I know ill need to do a full reset and I know how to do that, I just didn't know how long it would take for the neck to set and how long I should wait till I start adjusting the truss rod..
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
You can adjust the truss rod once you've strung the guitar, stretched the strings, and tuned/re-tuned.

You don't have to wait.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you