Poll Options
View poll results: What is Worse?
Necrobumping
44 49%
Recreating Existing Threads
46 51%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 2
So whenever you create a new thread, but it has already been done before, everyone gets pissed at you for "not using the searchbar"

On the other hand, a lot of people DO use the searchbar, and bring back the original thread instead, but then everyone gets pissed at you for "necrobumping"

So Pit, what is worse? Necrobumping or Recreating Existing Threads?
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Boring and pointless threads/polls are infinitely worse than both of those things.
Necrobumping
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

I don't see an actual problem with either. People on forums take this shit way too seriously.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

recreating. if it died the first time it was made, it probably will the second, third, fourth, fifth, tenth, etc time. Bumping it doesn't add another thread to the already huge list of threads
Quote by Alpha_Wolf
I don't see an actual problem with either. People on forums take this shit way too seriously.

This.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
it depends on several factors such as how many posts were in the old thread, how old it was, how long since the last posts, how many times it was revived already, whether or not anything good had already been said (as opposed to stupid posts and flaming), etc.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I think there's nothing wrong with either unless the thread is pointless/full of spam.

Basically the more interesting the thread is the less I'd give a shit about whether someone necrobumped it or made it without searching.
recreating threads is underrated. it resparks discussion and activity, idgaf if it's already been done.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

make this guy king

edit:
Quote by laid-to-waste
recreating threads is underrated. it resparks discussion and activity, idgaf if it's already been done.
and make this guy queen president, whatever
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Last edited by Drakathan at Nov 7, 2011,
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

QFT

I don't even have a problem with crap threads even if they're redone or bumped.
If they're that bad, then a mod will close them..if not, then I'll just ignore it anyway.
Threads are threads, nothing more.
Quote by laid-to-waste

This.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Alpha_Wolf

+ 1000.
pinga
All these comments above have made me decided to delete my UG account. cya.
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
I had to even out the vote to 25 votes per, so there's my answer.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by tissue-box

Bye.

Mirroring existing threads necro bumps aren't so bad in the pit but in gg&a its a little annoying.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by tissue-box

ggg1 ggg3

I don't mind when people recreate an existing thread provided it wasn't made in the past two weeks or so. Necrobumping is kind of annoying.
Necrobumping is worse. A new thread sparks discussion and brings in new users that might be intimidated by a 30 page thread.
PM me for newts
Never actually seem necrobumping before, shows how much I'm here. But I really don't care, although I prefer new threads. Unless I've already made one like it...
Quote by tissue-box

Lulz good luck
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by losing battle
Mirroring existing threads necro bumps aren't so bad in the pit but in gg&a its a little annoying.

Those GG&A threads are usually questions though. It would be weird to answer those since the thread starter is nowhere near that thread anymore. Still though, remaking the thread would make even less sense.
Necrobumping. If it's dead, it's dead for a reason. I give the beneift of the doubt to people who recreate threads, it's a hit and miss on whether your particular search will bring up the old one.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

We dont need a bunch of threads on the same subject. The first post of this thread is correct. I think there should be a rule like searchbar and bump the thread if the last post is younger than 'x' months.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

this. I don't get why anyone would get pissed.

EDIT:

Curse you Stewie
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 7, 2011,
Quote by WCPhils
this. I don't why anyone would get pissed.

third time's the charm, i guess?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by WCPhils
this. I don't get why anyone would get pissed.

EDIT:

Curse you Stewie

Finally.

I had to vote necro...if its one thing thats annoying its a new post on a thread that died 2+ years ago...

On the other hand, if people clone (copy) threads that are still in existance, thats irritating, like when we had 2 occupy threads going..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by frankv
I wouldn't find that annoying at all. If the topic is just as relevant then, how would a new thread be better?

You'll see in a year.
Page 1 of 2