Guys, a few days ago I raised my action (a tiny bit) because the buzz was killing me and my tone. I could feel the difference, it sounded 10 times better on my amp.

There was still a bit of buzz, so today I raised it by about 3/4 of a turn. It was even better.

Well, now I came home and there's a lot of fret buzz, and it's killing me...

Help! I thank everyone in advance.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Last edited by Smaratelj at Nov 7, 2011,
Is it occurring on separate frets? If so, it's a bad fret leveling (the company's to blame.).
Or is it occurring on the first few frets? If so, it's the action problem (mainly the truss rod?).
Please post back and I can help you on that.
It’s probably just your guitar adjusting to the season. Live with it for a week or two so the neck can settle down and then adjust it again.
Just played it a bit, and it's kinda better, but there's still some buzz on the first few frets (well, like first 7 or 9 frets). It's annoying... :/
Would a picture of the neck help you guys? And what should I do, raise the action even more (honestly, it's still low if you ask me), or wait a week like jpnyc said and then see what I should do?

Thanks!
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Anyone?
Quote by YouTube user

Has there been a rapid climate change since you last changed it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
On the first few frets, you say. Then it's probably the action to blame; probably, it's the truss rod you didn't use.
Try using the truss rod to adjust the action (you might want to lower the action on the saddle before you do so).
Nope, more or less nothing changed.

And about the truss rod, I'm kinda nervous about tampering with it. So, I should make like, 1/4 or 1/8 of a turn, and leave it at that for a day? And in which direction? :S
Quote by YouTube user

Read up a couple tutorials on truss rod adjustment and look up some youtube vids so you can see whats going on. But once you find what way you need to adjust your truss rod just do smal 1/8 turns and leave it for about 10 minutes and come back and do it again if necessary. If you careful, go slow and don't force anything you will be fine and you will realize its not that big of a deal adjusting your truss rod.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
DONT use truss rod adjustment to set the action despite what was said above.

read the set up thread in this forum.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Okay, I'll use everyone's advice! Thanks!
Quote by YouTube user