Fender Supersonic 22 combo! I originally set out to get an amp for British crunch, and came back from the store with an amp for American cleans However this little thing surprised me, as the gain on it is the best I've heard from any Fender model, without sacrificing the cleans.

I believe it is based on the circuit of a Deluxe Reverb. It has two channels, the first being a simple volume, treble, bass with a fat boost. This is the channel specifically based on the DR. It has that beautiful 'fender clean' we all know and love, when cranked to 4 with my PRS it starts to crunch, I had it on full volume early and it has a really fuzzy warm overdrive, Cream like.

The second channel is the 'Burn' channel. This really surprised me, it sounds great and has plenty of gain on tap. It has two gain controls, the first adds gain, the second adds compression and thickness. It has a three band EQ and volume. It is probably the most dynamic amp I have tried, responds fantastically to my picking attack, sounds surprising at high gain levels as well. I could get well into hard rock/lighter metal territory.

The amp also has a really nice spring reverb, and an FX loop. Two very useful features.

Pros:
Amazing cleans
Great gain channel (specifically at mid level gain)
Fair amount of versatility

Cons:
Fairly noisy, especially the reverb on higher levels
Pop when switching channels
Fizzy at very low volumes.

I've heard there are reliability issues with this amp, so got a 5 year warranty just it case. The amp is a bit overpriced in the UK specifically, but I liked the tone so much (preferred it to other Fender models, handwired AC30/15 etc.) I went for it and didn't look back.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/robbo546hall/

I've done some clips, but they were at very low volume as I couldn't crank it, so see them more as a template to what the amp can do. I may record some of it cranked and update the OP at some point. Excuse the extremely sloppy playing I didn't know what I was doing
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Happy New Amplifier Day! I hope the amp serves you longer than 5 years though..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

This is a great amp.

Played the bigger 212 version with a lovely Strat. Was brilliant for that nice dirty crunch.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
congrats.

tried one in a store but the speaker needed to be broken in.

i had a feeling it would be epic once that sorted out.

also, all fender amps have a 5 year warranty. i hope they didn't charge you for that, it's from fender directly.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Nov 7, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
congrats.

tried one in a store but the speaker needed to be broken in.

i had a feeling it would be epic once that sorted out.

also, all fender amps have a 5 year warranty. i hope they didn't charge you for that, it's from fender directly.

Well it's a store warranty, but I got it free after a bit of haggling with the store owner. Suppose it's easier than sending it to Fender if there's a problem, lucky I didn't pay for it though as I didn't know about Fender's 5 year warranty!

Thanks
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
you wouldn't have to ship it to fender, just to an authorized fender repair center. which your store may be anyway.

but it's something to look out for. stores like to charge for it sometimes depending on the store but it's in place for every new fender amp that get's sold. you my have a warranty card to fill out iirc. maybe not, i'm foggy on that part.

cool amp, the clip sounds nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Wow! Can't wait to try one of those! HNAD dude!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
HNAD! I've played on that thing once. Hell of an amp.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
HNAD! This is the only Fender I think I'd buy if I wanted a good overdrive too.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Nice one, looks tight!
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Quote by beckyjc
Sweet amp, is the burn channel still from the old prosonic?
I heard that was pretty mesa-y.

I would assume though, but don't take my word for it. It lacks a bit of the bottom end most Mesa's give you, and can't pinpoit it's gain sounds to any specific model, but it is definitely more Mesa-y in the higher gain departments than any other brand I can think of.

Annoys me how cheap it is in the US compared to here though. I paid £800 new which is £100 cheaper than in most shops. It goes for like £600 new over there
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Wow nice clip. That sounds amazing. I've really wanted to try one of these for a while. Was that clip with your PRS?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Wow nice clip. That sounds amazing. I've really wanted to try one of these for a while. Was that clip with your PRS?

Thanks, Yeah it was my PRS. Would sound even better with a nice high end guitar, This was recorded at high bedroom volumes as well. You need to have the volume at 2 for distortion or it sounds too fizzy for me personally. If I'd of cranked it up it would of sounded 10x more awesome :
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm